What's new

nemesis on ft :O

Funnily enough, I saw something about a Steam Turbine copy, and the guy in America that produces them, Doc Dave, though obviously he wouldn't have a chance of suing Chinese manufacturers, I think he is gearing up to sue any retailer in America that buys them in to sell.
Wonder if we'll see that at all in Europe?

Funnily enough, I saw something about a Steam Turbine copy, and the guy in America that produces them, Doc Dave, though obviously he wouldn't have a chance of suing Chinese manufacturers, I think he is gearing up to sue any retailer in America that buys them in to sell.
Wonder if we'll see that at all in Europe?

smart move . although i could see that easily becoming a never ending back and forth between the vendor saying well you cant sue us , we didnt make it , we bought it as a "chemisis" and not under the name "nemesis" its the manufacturer who imitated not us , yada yada.

Last edited:
the picture is of the real thing id say tbh or as near as damn it that you wouldnt notice................I have just recieved the real thing would I buy theres NOT A CHANCE.

I am very very happy with the real deal

Would I buy another......................yes I would and I am of the opinion like many it is just a tube that a battery goes in what could warrant that money. Let me tell you quality in every regard

Last edited:
With these clones becoming so good and close to the real things, i wonder how long before clones start being sold as the real things. Especially on the classies or auction sites, unscrupulous people could see this as a way to make easy money. I really hope this doesn't happen, would have the potential to kill the second hand market.

the picture is of the real thing id say tbh or as near as damn it that you wouldnt notice................I have just recieved the real thing would I buy theres NOT A CHANCE

quality piece of kit isnt it. ive gotten some serious use out of mine. i need to find some way to properly buffer it as its got a staggering amount of hairline scratches on it. ( blashpemy i know).

With these clones becoming so good and close to the real things, i wonder how long before clones start being sold as the real things. Especially on the classies or auction sites, unscrupulous people could see this as a way to make easy money. I really hope this doesn't happen, would have the potential to kill the second hand market.

see if there going to go ahead and make these exact replicas , they should put something on it to at least make an attempt to acknowledge its a clone to stop that ever happening in the future. like this one for instance has what looks like a version of the button on a 69mod , but the "steam train" is smaller. even something daft like that would be a giveaway that yeh , this guys trying to tak me for a ride on the classies.

i think its going to be a simple case of when buying something on the classies , be vigilant , check their reputation , and get to know the product your buying.

if you can distinguish features that differ from the original , get your money back through paypal.

but if you dont know the product very well and just go , ooooh a paps , heard a lot of people buying them , ill buy it. youll be open to be shafted basically.
that even counts for different versions as often the difference is minimal usually , but if your advertising a v2.5 and its actually a v1. well the price should have been different .

Last edited:
Well there'll be no funny business from me if it really is that good a clone. I've honestly just bought it on a whim, and threw it in with some other odds and sods I was ordering anyway (ego boards etc). I'm not going to disturb myself too much with the morals and ethics of it as it's not something I make a habit of, more an exercise in curiosity.

The joys of an ever motivated vaping community would probably put a stop to that straight away or work very hard at preventing it.

I really hope these makers start getting their brands trademarked internationally (its not that much by the standards of these items and their costs, the REAL ones) which would offer them some protection.

Well there'll be no funny business from me if it really is that good a clone. I've honestly just bought it on a whim, and threw it in with some other odds and sods I was ordering anyway (ego boards etc). I'm not going to disturb myself too much with the morals and ethics of it as it's not something I make a habit of, more an exercise in curiosity.

what I was getting at is the picture is the real thing..............will it look exactly like the pic we will see

all i know so far is
1) the picture is of a clone
2) there is only one clone being made thus far, by hcigar, and recently released

so either they are going to send you a real one, or the one in the picture:-)

Back
Top Bottom