What's new

New and need some help :)

Thanks all for the reply :)
Really helpful also to understand some things about composition of the different part of the vape
I mostly vape mouth to lung (sometimes I try a couple of direct to lungs)
I have checked on Amazon (not solute if it can be mentioned - apologies if I can’t) and I found
Innokin Go Z Tank, 1pcs, 1.6ohm Spare Tank for GOZEE Kit, Replacement Atomiser
Would this work? the actual coils I have are 0.8 ohm but this is 1.6, what is the difference? Sorry for the noob questions
I don’t like the Go Z tank seems very flimsy personally I would go for a Zlide tank the difference in coils is the Wattage they need see below.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.png
    IMG_0415.png
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 23
Really helpful also to understand some things about composition of the different part of the vape
I have checked on Amazon (not solute if it can be mentioned - apologies if I can’t) and I found
Would this work? the actual coils I have are 0.8 ohm but this is 1.6, what is the difference? Sorry for the noob questions

Yes, it will fit on your mod though not the best made tank. It's compatible with the Innokin Z range of coils so you don't have to stick with the supplied 1.6 coil. The 0.8 coil runs at a higher wattage than the 1.6 and will produce more vapour.

Hi @Mikicox and welcome :thumbup:

I think the zlide tank that @TP 72 recommended would be a good option. Or even a trusty nautilus. The original of those is pretty old (10+ years?!) and you can still buy those coils pretty much everywhere. Innokin (who make the zlide tank) are pretty reliable too.

In general, the higher ohm coils are more chilled out to vape and consume less power (so your battery lasts longer). By contrast the lower ohm coils chuck out shitloads of clouds and use a lot more power. This is a good rule of thumb, and is nearly always true within a range of coils (such as nautilus or innokin z coils). But there may be variance between brands.... so one company may do 0.6 and 0.8 ohm coils, which are the equivalent of another company's 1.0 and 1.6 ohm coils.

To further complicate things, most of the main companies now produce a range of mesh coils (at the moment these are in addition to their normal coils, but I believe these will become the defacto standard for coils going forward as the flavour is so much better).

The nautilus 1.0 ohm mesh coil is really decent (and relatively cheap), I've just been saying how good it was in this other thread.

Innokin mesh coils are excellent too. Here's another thread where I was banging on about the Sceptre pod kit (which is cheap as chips and a fantastic vape).

Last edited:
Hi @Mikicox and welcome :thumbup:

I think the zlide tank that @TP 72 recommended would be a good option. Or even a trusty nautilus. The original of those is pretty old (10+ years?!) and you can still buy those coils pretty much everywhere. Innokin (who make the zlide tank) are pretty reliable too.

In general, the higher ohm coils are more chilled out to vape and consume less power (so your battery lasts longer). By contrast the lower ohm coils chuck out shitloads of clouds and use a lot more power. This is a good rule of thumb, and is nearly always true within a range of coils (such as nautilus or innokin z coils). But there may be variance between brands.... so one company may do 0.6 and 0.8 ohm coils, which are the equivalent of another company's 1.0 and 1.6 ohm coils.

To further complicate things, most of the main companies now produce a range of mesh coils (at the moment these are in addition to their normal coils, but I believe these will become the defacto standard for coils going forward as the flavour is so much better).

The nautilus 1.0 ohm mesh coil is really decent (and relatively cheap), I've just been saying how good it was in this other thread.

Innokin mesh coils are excellent too. Here's another thread where I was banging on about the Sceptre pod kit (which is cheap as chips and a fantastic vape).
Hi, thanks for the reply, is the mod sceptre 2 £20? Just thinking maybe easier to buy a new mod completely as the price of the new tank is not much less (as I don’t vape much I would like something cheep)

Hi, thanks for the reply, is the mod sceptre 2 £20? Just thinking maybe easier to buy a new mod completely as the price of the new tank is not much less (as I don’t vape much I would like something cheep)
Yea, that's the one. If you can be bothered to shop around a few places are even cheaper and there is one place (can't remember where it is now!) that had the pink one for £15.

If you're buying extra coils for it, you will need these ones (0.65ohm): https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-coils/innokin/sceptre-s-replacement

The atty sounds fine, the 0.8 & 1.6 ohm refer to the resistance of the coil, if you imagine that the coil is a hose pipe with different bores, the smaller bore will require more water pressure and the wider bore less, but in stead of water, imagine electrical power. If you want to get a better idea go onto the steamengine.org site and play around with the wire gauge and resistance figures on the left of the page and see how it changes the power requirements at the bottom right of the page, it sounds boring but having a clear idea of how certain changes affect your vape could keep you safe and give you a more enjoyable vape.

I haven't used standard coils for a long time, so I haven't been following the new ones

Back
Top Bottom