What's new

New button housing/ cleaning threads

In which case there would only be 1 % of the 1% that use mechs, fit to use one

OK took a bit of prompting but I got there, in actuality it wasn't the fact that the threads were jamming, it was the fact that dropping the temp by 20 degrees freed them that convinced me there must be play.
In order to rule out any chance of contact between the button and the tube it just needs a thin insulating "c" ring to shroud the button but allow the bar to strike it

I agree, pointless going like for like, it won't last.

I was thinking metal threaded ring, to plastic spacer, to copper button. And a c shaped collar in the mod to insulate any unwanted contact

It'll look safer on the shelf I feel. You're expending effort and probably expense into a bottomless pit here.

Even the slim piece is an inherently flawed design with plastic bottom screwing into metal, I have one but I know it won't last forever.

Probably yes

The chat is still worthwhile though, as it gets my brain to consider more about how these things work, and therefore the flaws and weaknesses, which should make purchases better and usage safer

See if you can find a heavy hitter, it's about as safe as mechs get.

In which case there would only be 1 % of the 1% that use mechs, fit to use one

OK took a bit of prompting but I got there, in actuality it wasn't the fact that the threads were jamming, it was the fact that dropping the temp by 20 degrees freed them that convinced me there must be play.
In order to rule out any chance of contact between the button and the tube it just needs a thin insulating "c" ring to shroud the button but allow the bar to strike it

I agree, pointless going like for like, it won't last.

I was thinking metal threaded ring, to plastic spacer, to copper button. And a c shaped collar in the mod to insulate any unwanted contact

you are quite correct 1% of people use mechs.

the trouble you face is some modmakers say "unregulated" instead of Mechanical mods some say it uses a mosfet as a safeguard which is also false a mosfet is just a switch it uses a gate so it's still unregulated it still will short and it still will hard short if you mess it up with a ripped battery wrap.

the reason the plug worked after being in the fridge is the tube and the cap shrunk enough to move easily as soon as it heats up the thread will expand first as the heat is near it from the contact of the lever, you could make a switch and a button, etc however it used to be "$400 for an original mech it's just a tube" but to make a mech that didn't suffer with a hot switch or bad threads and was perfect was very exact in every way....... hence the cost of those original usa mechs.

I've made in the past lots of mechs each took hours to get right and for each one I worried about somebody selling to a person in the future that didn't know the basics of coils or ohms law

Back
Top Bottom