What's new

New button housing/ cleaning threads

Sorry pic didn't come up

that thread is shot, heated metal against any sort of plastic or Delrin will flatten the peaks and troughs of the thread I would say the mod got so hot the metal has slightly melted the peaks causing the pitch to change

that thread is shot, heated metal against any sort of plastic or Delrin will flatten the peaks and troughs of the thread I would say the mod got so hot the metal has slightly melted the peaks causing the pitch to change
Makes sense yes

I maybe snookered here though, the plastic is insulating according to my logic, the side bar pushes on the copper button to create a circuit

looking at the thread on the cap I can see a number of issues if you look at the picture you see the peaks of the thread are mushed over like a cross thread if the cap was hot when you removed it that would explain why it happened

there is also one mid thread that is thin in the middle on one side that would explain the tightness so wind in the cap it goes loose then tight when screwing in

I would say its a 0.75 pitch possible 0.1

you could recut the cap but you need either a lathe with a cutter for the correct pitch or a die of the right size

however, because the thread is shot thermal runaway and battery venting increases dramatically due to a hard short happening I would see if you can acquire a new cap

mechs as a rule are very exact in their making due to the non regulation

looking at the thread on the cap I can see a number of issues if you look at the picture you see the peaks of the thread are mushed over like a cross thread if the cap was hot when you removed it that would explain why it happened

there is also one mid thread that is thin in the middle on one side that would explain the tightness so wind in the cap it goes loose then tight when screwing in

I would say its a 0.75 pitch possible 0.1

you could recut the cap but you need either a lathe with a cutter for the correct pitch or a die of the right size

however, because the thread is shot thermal runaway and battery venting increases dramatically due to a hard short happening I would see if you can acquire a new cap

mechs as a rule are very exact in their making due to the non regulation

You are spot on in terms of how it behaves.
How you spotted all that from that pic I don't know.
Could you explain further as to the "thermal runnaway" , "hard short" "venting" paragraph please. As to my mind the plastic threaded cap is there only to put the copper button in a position to contact the battery negative, obviously I am looking at it far too simplistically if I need to replace for reasons beyond the fact that I can only change batteries after a spell in the fridge

You are spot on in terms of how it behaves.
How you spotted all that from that pic I don't know.
Could you explain further as to the "thermal runnaway" , "hard short" "venting" paragraph please. As to my mind the plastic threaded cap is there only to put the copper button in a position to contact the battery negative, obviously I am looking at it far too simplistically if I need to replace for reasons beyond the fact that I can only change batteries after a spell in the fridge

so the copper insert connects via the lever on the side this shield is the plastic threaded part if the plastic is worn or the thread has melted the distance between the thread on the tube and the copper insert can create a hole or a pathway that tracks line can occur electricity will follow a path of least resistance to the point it can and will jump a gap in so bypassing the lever even juice can create a bridge once it's heated up and turns to carbon.

why you should not leave a leaky tank on a mech overnight or for long periods of time

the golden rule for mechs is never leave a tank, or battery in or on it when not in use, and keep those threads ultra clean

Thank you, very good explanation tbh

Problem is its my favourite mod for when I drive to work, its heavy and counter balances a big atti on top. To a large extent I follow those rules, when I get to work though I haven't, but I do turn the juice flow off and vape the well out.

Annoyed that I hadn't considered the problems a hot environment would cause. After this thread it seems kind of obvious now

Back
Top Bottom