What's new

New button housing/ cleaning threads

As I still want advice,

But believe it or not, the fridge has equalled the temperature enough that 90% its worked.
A bit longer I reckon this is maybe sorted

Sorry pic didn't come up

Attachments

• 1686683688669954326153926696026.jpg
    1686683688669954326153926696026.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
As I still want advice,

But believe it or not, the fridge has equalled the temperature enough that 90% its worked.

Wierd.

I just looked at a youtube vid as I'm not familiar with the name Shintaro...

The only recommendation I can give is to clean the bejesus out of the mod thread at the bottom of the mod with metal polish - and maybe use a nail brush with washing up liquid to scrub the threads of the plastic to absolutely ensure there is no crud in any of the threads, but I wouldn't use anything on plas.

No - oil will be good for cleaning out threads if you repeatedly screw in and out as it grinds away any rough patches if its metal on metal, but I suspect it will quickly bugger up any plastic threads... Maybe Mitz's recommendation or some proprietary electrical inspection cleanser - but check it's safe to use on plastic first. I think it should be as wires are plastic coated, but better safe than sorry.

As I still want advice,

Had a look online - apparently silicon or PTFE lubricant is the best for plastic on metal. May be worth treating the threads as plastic can wear or strip easily.

I had a similar problem with my Mechman Tube Mod, i tried unscrewing the battery and it was stuck tight, i had to use Mole Grips to open it. It's scratched the paint a bit which has put me off using it. It's only a small bit of paint and was wondering if the Airfix Model Paint would be ok to touch it up. I don't want litre's of the stuff so if anyone can recommend,

Had a look online - apparently silicon or PTFE lubricant is the best for plastic on metal. May be worth treating the threads as plastic can wear or strip easily.
I did think of silicone grease from when I used to have a load of peristaltic pumps in my fish keeping days, but god knows where the Mrs has filed it.

Actually left the mod in the fridge while I took the dog out and it's 99% cured it, so I reckon that was the problem.

So all I have to do to change battery in summer is Bob it in a fridge for 15 minutes lol. Shouldn't cause too many issues while I am out and about always carry a spare fridge

Reckon it would be handy to have a spare though if it's possible to find one? Especially as the bottom of mine ain't new and shiny anymore having used mole grips to get it off

I did think of silicone grease from when I used to have a load of peristaltic pumps in my fish keeping days, but god knows where the Mrs has filed it.

Actually left the mod in the fridge while I took the dog out and it's 99% cured it, so I reckon that was the problem.

So all I have to do to change battery in summer is Bob it in a fridge for 15 minutes lol. Shouldn't cause too many issues while I am out and about always carry a spare fridge

Reckon it would be handy to have a spare though if it's possible to find one? Especially as the bottom of mine ain't new and shiny anymore having used mole grips to get it off

It was probably the heat in the car causing the problem. I put a thermometer in my car yesterday afternoon out of curiosity - it was 54C (the mercury in the tube doesn't go any higher lol). Yesterday was a bit overcast so I suspect if you left it in the car all day at work it got a bit toasty in there...

Back
Top Bottom