What's new

New here, might have fake innokin

ray17473

Hi,

I'm new here,

I've been using vapes to stop smoking and glad I did, anyway I decided to up my vaping game by ordering a new device and when checking it on the innokin site it says the serial number isn't recognised. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it fake?

The device is a innokin kroma A

The scratch off code is AAG79 6371 16602 7669

SN: 000016437408

I've tried entering the code multiple times now and always the same result.

Can anyone help me out?

To add, I did also buy a couple of tanks with the same type of authenticity sticker from another retailer, it checks out as authentic so it isn't my mistake by the looks of things... Seems I got a fake device

Hi @ray17473 and welcome to the planet

firstly did you buy from ebay or amazon as way too many fakes and clones out there.
have you checked this out yet using the QR code
if in doubt get back to the supplier you bought from.

Good advice above. Start with where you bought from.

Hi,

I've tried entering the code multiple times now and always the same result.
OK... certainly NOW you will have this effect as per notice on https://www.innokin.com/verify-device
which says:

Notice​

If your security code has been checked multiple times,please be wary as this could indicate you have purchased a counterfeit product.

I'd contact the manufacturer too, they may have a trace how many times this particular number was checked.

I bought it from vapingwizard.co.uk, it doesn't have the best reviews on trust pilot, I should've checked first...

Thanks for the welcome!

firstly did you buy from ebay or amazon as way too many fakes and clones out there.

Yeah I checked, I also bought some tanks too which did come back as authentic, seems it's a counterfeit.

OK... certainly NOW you will have this effect as per notice on https://www.innokin.com/verify-device
which says:

Notice​

If your security code has been checked multiple times,please be wary as this could indicate you have purchased a counterfeit product.

I'd contact the manufacturer too, they may have a trace how many times this particular number was checked.
I've sent the manufacturer an email with the details, just need to email vapingwizard.co.uk and ask for a refund.

It didn't say how many times the code has been used when checking it just said this code doesn't match anything in the database.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I bought it from vapingwizard.co.uk, it doesn't have the best reviews on trust pilot, I should've checked first...

Thanks for the welcome!
not heard of them but a quick check they have all the correct details on their website and a high street store so wouldnt think they would risk selling dodgy gear, but sadly does happen.
the code should suposedly be a one off and not used on more than one item.

For future reference this is worth bookmarking with our tried and tested suppliers POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

not heard of them but a quick check they have all the correct details on their website and a high street store so wouldnt think they would risk selling dodgy gear, but sadly does happen.
the code should suposedly be a one off and not used on more than one item.

For future reference this is worth bookmarking with our tried and tested suppliers POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
They recently got back to me so I have an update.

Apparently innokin authentication isn't working on any of their older devices so it's entirely possible the device side of authentication is broken. Innokin themselves haven't got back to me.

As mentioned earlier I was able to authenticate some isub tanks I got elsewhere which used the same legacy system. I've decided I'll risk using it.

Going by the packaging it does feel authentic... I think in the long run I'll need something with better battery life, I'm new to vaping and I've mostly used 1.2+ ohm so far, sub ohm seems nice but it doesn't half use batteries up! I'm liking innokin so far so I'm thinking the z80 might be a good fit.

Edit:

The innokin website said the code didn't match their database. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about that. I have used the device now so hopefully it was some kind of error on innokin's part...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom