What's new

New member with a surprisingly hateful new mod

Pragmaticscoundrel

Hi all!
Signed up finally to hopefully get myself back on the right path.
I started vaping 8 years ago with generic ecig.did some research & upgraded to a now very retro kanger subtank & box mod.from there various mechs & finally a sigelei 100w plus & a derringer dripper.amazing setup!
After a couple of years the sigelei broke & I lost the derringer.the last 3-4 years I've shamefully been puffing on various rubbish blu pro style devices & garage counter juices.yuck.
Last week decided to treat myself to one of these new AIO devices.
Being a bit of a snob I opted for a dotmod AIOv2.

I.HATE.IT......

the stupid little tank leaks everywhere, which isn't a huge issue as you only get 2 puffs worth from it anyway, the "parting of the plastic lips" back siphons juice into the bottle, the single 18650 is nowhere near powerful enough for more than a couple of hours of 40w pulls, the stock coils are dreadful & CHUG through juice, the button position means my shovel like mitts cover the airflow, the charge port is on the bottom of the unit so it sits nicely in the puddle of leaked juice from the back of the thing...I'll stop there.
I don't get it.people rave about this mod!
Back to mechs for me or failing that a decent twin 18650 box.

Now, where to find a derringer RDA

Welcome.
You must be very frustrated!
Two things spring to mind though……
Leaking (in the manner you are experiencing) is not something that is normally reported for the mod - I would suggest either a pack of dodgy coils or a seal on the tank has been compromised.
To be fair, vaping at 40w on a single 18650 is never going to give you longevity. Although some chipsets are better at power efficiency than others. Are your cells a bit past their sell-by date maybe??

:hello:and :welcome1:to the planet.
Sorry i cant help you find a Derringer as not seen one for years but there are plenty of good RDAs on the market try looking on ecigone.co.uk they always have good deals on there and a great service too.

Welcome.
You must be very frustrated!
Two things spring to mind though……
Leaking (in the manner you are experiencing) is not something that is normally reported for the mod - I would suggest either a pack of dodgy coils or a seal on the tank has been compromised.
To be fair, vaping at 40w on a single 18650 is never going to give you longevity. Although some chipsets are better at power efficiency than others. Are your cells a bit past their sell-by date maybe??

New 25AH batteries but yes do agree it's a tall order for a single battery.seals are good.i think the "leak" is probably condensate from my hand blocking the airflow
:hello:and :welcome1:to the planet.
Sorry i cant help you find a Derringer as not seen one for years but there are plenty of good RDAs on the market try looking on ecigone.co.uk they always have good deals on there and a great service too.
Tried looking for a derringer & no joy.that small design gave great flavour so I'll do some research & see what's out there.
I think I'm just a bit surprised that the basic mech/RDA setup I had years ago still blows away new tech coils.
I'm a dinosaur at heart so I think I'll go back to a Primitive setup like that and stick the dotmod in classifieds lol

Almost any dual cell mod will give hours of vaping at 40 watts, I`ve never seen the logic in some of the AIO kits, but then I am a DL vaper. I`ve never used a derringer rda but as a recent convert to dripping and squonking I`ve found some of the more recent models of rda very satisfying, namely the bonza by vandy vape is a good single/dual coiler and the dead rabbit by hellvape is another decent rda, both come with a 510 or bf fitting.
Almost everyone is biased to their own kit and so am I, when I vape indoors I have a stock coil set up of the voopoo drag 4 mod with a voopoo uforceL tank, I vape the tw pnp 0.2 ohm coils at 25 - 30 watts and get over a week per coil, I`ve found this set up so good that I`ve bought 3 of the same tanks for other juices.
Well that`s my 4 pennorth welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

New 25AH batteries but yes do agree it's a tall order for a single battery.seals are good.i think the "leak" is probably condensate from my hand blocking the airflow

Tried looking for a derringer & no joy.that small design gave great flavour so I'll do some research & see what's out there.
I think I'm just a bit surprised that the basic mech/RDA setup I had years ago still blows away new tech coils.
I'm a dinosaur at heart so I think I'll go back to a Primitive setup like that and stick the dotmod in classifieds lol
You will need to have done 100 posts first mate before you can sell anything in the classies on here.

Back
Top Bottom