What's new

New Mod Upgrade

Chrisp58

Initiate
Evening all,

I’m after your recommendations for my next mod, currently I’m using a Zelos 3 with a Vandyvape Bereserker B3 V3 Mtl tank and a THC Elite Pro tank, I’m strictly MTL but battery life is key so a min 3200amh (current mod) is key as I use my vape outside for 5/6 hours at a time in all weathers and getting a recharge could be an issue, I also use variable wattage settings.

I haven’t looked at rechargeable battery mods yet as I’m not sure what the amh output is for various batteries sizes, but I’m open to options. Also I’m after a quality reliable unit so don’t mind paying a bit more.

So apologies for the ramble but I’ve looked at so many reviews of different mods it all gets a bit confusing for a relative newbie.

Thanks in advance

I’m not up to date with the latest internal battery mods but the Eleaf iStick t80 seems a decent shout.

personally for a large battery mod for MTL I would always suggest a Thelma solo which takes 21700s.

I'm happy with my Innokin Kroma-R kit. The mod uses a replaceable 18650 battery which can be charged in the mod or externally. does 6-80 Watts. It has a programmable curve setting where you can specify the wattage per half second up to 6 seconds, a feature I never knew I needed but now wouldnt be without. The kit came with the Zlide tank.

If you're happy with the Zelos 3 then the 18650 Zelos X mod might be of interest.

My needs are very similar to yours, funny enough I started with the zelos but quickly realised external battery was the way forward.

I now use either drag Pro, target 100 or fortis. All single 21700 mods and when using a molicel P45B I never need to change battery in a 12 hour shift but do carry a spare just in case.

If I was to pick one it would be the target 100, just because of the FT mode which gives a great flavour.

You will need to budget for a decent charger and a few spare batterys though.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, things have moved on, after reading some mod reviews on here, I’ve narrowed the potential choices down to the following,

Lost vape Thelma quest (dual 18650 batts)
Eleaf I stick power 2 (Int 5000 amh batt)
Geekvape legend 2 (dual 21700 batts) I know it’s huge but the IP68 rating is a big plus

My question is this, my current Zelos3 is 3200amh and lasts me at least a full day, I’ve been searching for info on external v internal battery capacities and can’t find if dual 18650 batteries at 3500amh (10amp) will last longer before recharging than my Zelos3.

I’m currently using variable wattage settings with an av 14.5w and prebuilt MTL Coilology coils between 0.7 and 1.00 ohm (still experimenting with Fused claptons, SS and an MTL Alien)

Thanks again.

I have Lost vape Thelma Quest and it's great but I'd be reluctant to take it outside in bad weather, and it's unlikely to survive a good drop.

The Geek Vape Legend Classic would be my recommendation due to it's P68 rating and dual 21700 capacity. I bought one recently for my daughter to replace her Aegis Solo and it's an excellent mod.

https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/geekvape-aegis-legend-2-mod-only-l200-uk - probably the cheapest you'll find it, from a great vendor too.

Battery suggestions would be Sony 50S (5000mAh / 20A) or Molicel P45B (4500mAh / 35A) along with a decent external charger like the XTAR VC4/VC4SL or VC2

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/ - use code POTV20 for 20% off.

Thanks for your replies, things have moved on, after reading some mod reviews on here, I’ve narrowed the potential choices down to the following,

Lost vape Thelma quest (dual 18650 batts)
Eleaf I stick power 2 (Int 5000 amh batt)
Geekvape legend 2 (dual 21700 batts) I know it’s huge but the IP68 rating is a big plus

My question is this, my current Zelos3 is 3200amh and lasts me at least a full day, I’ve been searching for info on external v internal battery capacities and can’t find if dual 18650 batteries at 3500amh (10amp) will last longer before recharging than my Zelos3.

I’m currently using variable wattage settings with an av 14.5w and prebuilt MTL Coilology coils between 0.7 and 1.00 ohm (still experimenting with Fused claptons, SS and an MTL Alien)

Thanks again.

Two 3,500mah batteries will definitely last longer than a single 3,200mah lipo - at least twice as long, possibly closer to 3 times because sharing a load between two batteries reduces the current load on each battery considerably.

One thing to remember is you are using 10 Amp batteries - they are absolutely perfect for your current style of low powered MTL vaping, but if you decide to try out higher powered DL vaping at a later date consider buying replacement batteries with a higher AMP rating if you will be vaping above 50 Watts.

Up to you but you ought be able to get a full day out of a single 18650 at 14.5 or so watts.

Back
Top Bottom