What's new

New Profile incoming

Well boys, mine arrived too! Was busy earlier, so I'll have to go pick it up myself in a bit, but I'll be tooting away on it tonight. I'll be posting some first impressions either late at night or tomorrow!

EDIT : Initial impressions after just a few draws. The design meeting probably went like this :
- Hey boss, how much airflow do we want this thing to have?
- Yes.
- Gotcha.

Other than that, the build process was painless, but I do hate Wotofo's cotton. It's got a lot of sorta "knots" in it, for lack of a better word. I had to comb it out something severe to be fluffy. I will have to try it with my usual CBP or Cloud9.

Last edited:
Anybody owning up to their first dry hit?
No dry hits here yet (thank god), but the cotton isn't getting very saturated it seems. I don't know if it's my wicking (doubt it) or Wotofo cotton being meh. I'm gonna rewick it with Cloud9 and see how it goes.

So far I like it. It's exactly what I wanted, a Profile M on steroids with the bigger mesh strips from the RDTA. A not cool, flavorful vape with instant response to the fire button. Love it. My complaints so far are as follow :
1) The drip tip SUUUUUUUUCKS. I don't know who at Wotofo decided on it, but it's abysmal. Problem here is that most of my other drip tips fit loosely in there and I can't really use many of them. Seems I'm gonna have to hunt for extra drip tips with o-rings on them.
2) Keeping on with the drip tip complaints, I get a lot of juice below and on the drip tip, which inevitably ends up in my mouth. I have no idea what causes that. It also happens with another drip tip I used, so it's not only the stock one.
3) The airflow control ring is loose as hell. It's like it's lubricated, there's no friction, it's free moving.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the thing. I just need to find a drip tip for it.

1) The drip tip SUUUUUUUUCKS. I don't know who at Wotofo decided on it, but it's abysmal. Problem here is that most of my other drip tips fit loosely in there and I can't really use many of them. Seems I'm gonna have to hunt for extra drip tips with o-rings on them.
2) Keeping on with the drip tip complaints, I get a lot of juice below and on the drip tip, which inevitably ends up in my mouth. I have no idea what causes that. It also happens with another drip tip I used, so it's not only the stock one.
3) The airflow control ring is loose as hell. It's like it's lubricated, there's no friction, it's free moving.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the thing. I just need to find a drip tip for it.
Remove the drip tip oring, from the top cap and place some dental floss in the groove, refit the oring, bit fiddly but it should take up the slack on your replacement drip tip. I've done it on loads of atties over the years.

No dry hits here yet (thank god), but the cotton isn't getting very saturated it seems. I don't know if it's my wicking (doubt it) or Wotofo cotton being meh. I'm gonna rewick it with Cloud9 and see how it goes.

So far I like it. It's exactly what I wanted, a Profile M on steroids with the bigger mesh strips from the RDTA. A not cool, flavorful vape with instant response to the fire button. Love it. My complaints so far are as follow :

I hear what you are saying about the cotton verging on been dry took me 3 attempts to get my wicking working properly for me I did a build just like on the unity & raked the hell out the tail & cut them so they just sit in the Wells I don't chain vape it other wise flavour tales off, the air flow ring on mine seems OK noticed any movement & the driptip I don't mind as for the liquid under the driptip what wattage you got yours mine is 65w & no dry hit thank fook only ever done that once & not something you want to happen either [emoji6]

Remove the drip tip oring, from the top cap and place some dental floss in the groove, refit the oring, bit fiddly but it should take up the slack on your replacement drip tip. I've done it on loads of atties over the years.
Hmmmmm noice. I'll make sure to give that a go. Sadly, I don't think that's gonna help with the juice getting over there and into my mouth. Right now I've installed the drip tip from my dust-gathering Kylin M and the fit is fine, but I'm still getting liquid in the drip tip.
I hear what you are saying about the cotton verging on been dry took me 3 attempts to get my wicking working properly for me I did a build just like on the unity & raked the hell out the tail & cut them so they just sit in the Wells I don't chain vape it other wise flavour tales off, the air flow ring on mine seems OK noticed any movement & the driptip I don't mind as for the liquid under the driptip what wattage you got yours mine is 65w & no dry hit thank fook only ever done that once & not something you want to happen either
emoji6.png
The cotton IMO sucks. I never liked it. It's convenient, sure, and if you're not very experienced with mesh it's better than eyeballing and then getting a dry hit. But I finished rewicking it with Cloud9 cotton and the difference is quite huge, considering I only changed cotton. I wicked it the exact same way too, as I always do, I got the process down to a tee.

When you say the AFC on your is ok? Is there any resistance when you turn it or will it turn with the slightest touch? When I say loose, I don't mean it's gonna fall off, but it's like it's on bearings, the slightest touch will move it and change my airflow. Maybe a thicker o-ring in there would help.

Wattage, I currently run mine at 70W, still getting a feel for it. With these mesh strips I am not afraid to push it. Same strips, same cotton, I was running 80W no problem on my RDTA. Can't see why I wouldn't be able to here. Thankfully, I haven't had a mesh dry hit in ages. Matter of fact, the last dry hit I've had was about 7-8 months ago, when I forgot to open the juice flow control on my Aromamizer Supreme V3 after refilling. Yeah, no juice, just bare cotton. That was NOT pleasant.

I ordered mine today. A pretty rainbow 1 from legion of vapers. It'll look brilliant on my rainbow Nunchaku. Can't wait to try it

I ordered mine today. A pretty rainbow 1 from legion of vapers. It'll look brilliant on my rainbow Nunchaku. Can't wait to try it
When it arrives and you wick it for the first time do like you would the unity but really comb out the tails & don't completely fill the juice Wells & it should be OK took me quite a few builds to get it where I'm happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom