What's new

New Profile incoming

I've had every Profile including prototypes so have plenty of experience wicking mesh. Others like Steamcrave & Vandy Vape mesh decks usually just need a little adaptation to to the wicking but this, so far, has been a pain in the ass. Too cool a vape and borderline dry hitting. If I'd wicked any other deck as I have this I'd have flooded it.

If you're having problems then there's a definite design flaw here, i view you as the expert /most experienced with regard to mesh/ rtas'.

I've had every Profile including prototypes so have plenty of experience wicking mesh. Others like Steamcrave & Vandy Vape mesh decks usually just need a little adaptation to to the wicking but this, so far, has been a pain in the ass. Too cool a vape and borderline dry hitting. If I'd wicked any other deck as I have this I'd have flooded it.
Oh dear, maybe that's why there are no YouTube reviews as they have had similar issues. The Wotofo build video looks so simple too. Well I guess it might be worth the challenge when the wicking is perfected. I thought the Unity was leaking because of needing something changing. The last build was ok without too much leaking when filling. I think Wotofo should apply juice flow control

If you're having problems then there's a definite design flaw here, i view you as the expert /most experienced with regard to mesh/ rtas'.
Somethings off with it. Clapton mesh, which I find the most consistent, was terrible in it. Last build was Extreme mesh but only marginally better. I've noticed the mesh overheating low down near the clamps which suggests that the airflow is only hitting the very top, the main issue with the 1.5, but the airflow is angled down and hitting the sides. Will pull it out again when real life takes a break and try other things. Thanks for the praise but never consider myself an expert, always something to learn.

Oh dear, maybe that's why there are no YouTube reviews as they have had similar issues. The Wotofo build video looks so simple too. Well I guess it might be worth the challenge when the wicking is perfected. I thought the Unity was leaking because of needing something changing. The last build was ok without too much leaking when filling. I think Wotofo should apply juice flow control
If you're talking about the Wotofo build vids watch how much he soaks the wick before filling the tank. That's how he's hitting it first time at 80w but you don't see him take any/many more pulls. Probs explains why he's always wearing a mask to hide the dry hit face :D

I thought the Unity was leaking because of needing something changing.

Make sure that you have the cotton tucked in nicely on the edges of the wick slots, that has been the source of most of my leaks, notably when refilling the tank, also close the airflow completely when refilling.

unity1.jpg

Just found this on reddit...

There's something really off about this tank.

The base/deck doesn't dissipate heat well, leading to my mod hitting high temp protection after some pulls. No other tank I have does this.

The clamps for mesh won't hold my vandy vape ss316 mesh, as it's too thin and pulls up while wicking cotton.

Somethings off with it. Clapton mesh, which I find the most consistent, was terrible in it. Last build was Extreme mesh but only marginally better. I've noticed the mesh overheating low down near the clamps which suggests that the airflow is only hitting the very top

When also considered with what I copied and pasted from a reddit user, it seems that perhaps the clamps are a bit naff plus the overheating aspect of the deck :hmm:

Huh, been reading this thread because I've been having some issues as well. All was fine at first, used the Turbo mesh and was tooting away nicely. But then I started getting some muted flavor. It's a'ight, I thought, the juice I'm using is a cotton/coil killer. So I take the thing apart and decide I'm craving a clapton mesh. So out goes the Turbo, in goes the clapton. First few hits, when the cotton was still saturated from the build were extremely good. Flavorful AF, saturated, thick. Then it started going dry. Didn't dry hit, but flavor was muted and I felt the dryness. I rewicked it, started getting hotspots near the bases of the strip, which is exactly the problem I had with the clapton mesh on the Profile M. All this at 60W, while I was using the same config on my RDTA at up to 80W no problem. I just rewicked the thing and am hoping for the best. Decided to cut the cotton shorter so that it barely touches the bottom of the cotton channels. So far I'm getting some off flavor. I can't say whether that's burning or what, so I'm gonna leave it the hell alone to settle and come back to it later, see what happens.

So far I'm extremely disappointed. It reminds me of when I got my first mesh atty, a Zeus X Mesh, and I couldn't wick worth shit. Thing is, after getting burned (literally and figuratively) by bad mesh builds, I made it a mission to get the process perfect before I keep using them. And I haven't had any problems on the Zeus, the Unity, the Kylin M, the Profile M, Profile RDTA or the Aromamizer Supreme v3. Then this thing shows up and it's like I'm back to square one. Worst thing is, it feels like it has all the ingredients to be a great RTA, but there's something messing it up. I can't put my finger on whether it's the wicking or the airflow, but I think it's a little bit of both. If this current build fails, I'm gonna try wicking it the RDTA way, with a longer top and extremely raked, see how that works out. I don't have high hopes, but i can't see what else I might try.

Too bad...

Maybe Wotofo need to be told about the flaws in this. I'm wondering if they ever got sent out for testing before the release

Maybe Wotofo need to be told about the flaws in this. I'm wondering if they ever got sent out for testing before the release
Been changes at Wotofo, Antonio is no longer there and he would feed back to R&D anything we suggested if we got gear early. They didn't always change much but at least there was contact & dialogue. Now they seem too invested in their pod systems to bother. As I said previous MrJustRight1 hasn't been as active as usual but then his name isn't on the RTA. He does have a licensing agreement with them over the Profile name but that becomes his, I believe, pretty soon so think this is a last shot by Wotofo at the Profiles.

Gutted
Been changes at Wotofo, Antonio is no longer there and he would feed back to R&D anything we suggested if we got gear early. They didn't always change much but at least there was contact & dialogue. Now they seem too invested in their pod systems to bother. As I said previous MrJustRight1 hasn't been as active as usual but then his name isn't on the RTA. He does have a licensing agreement with them over the Profile name but that becomes his, I believe, pretty soon so think this is a last shot by Wotofo at the Profiles.

Back
Top Bottom