What's new

New Profile incoming

I dont understand the need for higher wattage, is it a heat thing, because to me higher wattages with mesh dont add to the flavour. With the exception of the SC Ragner (60-65w) and the Titan (cant quite remember but not more than 85 watts) I resolutely vape between 38-43watts,depending on the mod, admittedly usually the Unity, but includes the Profile M, Doom X, Siegfried and Kylin M.

i agree with you on all my mesh devices im usually around 50-52 ish watts but 50 on the X the flavour is naff 65 is fine but it just cant keep up hence why ive ditched on that tank...

I dont understand the need for higher wattage, is it a heat thing, because to me higher wattages with mesh dont add to the flavour. With the exception of the SC Ragner (60-65w) and the Titan (cant quite remember but not more than 85 watts) I resolutely vape between 38-43watts,depending on the mod, admittedly usually the Unity, but includes the Profile M, Doom X, Siegfried and Kylin M.
I wouldn't call it "need". It's not about that, really. It's preference. First, I disagree with the statement that higher wattages don't add to the flavor. It doesn't increase flavor very much on mesh, that's true, but different flavors will pop more or less depending on the temperature/power/evaporation rate. So for example, while I was happy with my Profile M at 50W with some fruits or menthol-including juices, when I switched to my usual pastry heavy juices (e.g coffee butter cookie, lemon tart, butterscotch and maple syrup biscuit) I felt they were lacking depth, for lack of a better word, at 50W. Secondly, it's about the vape itself. I like a thick, full vape, and lower wattages don't give me that. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means, I don't care about that. I just want a satisfactory feel to the whole thing. And last, it's about safety for me. When I first started using mesh, I was told by the chap at the store that it doesn't need much power. I was curious, bumped it to 65W (which I used on my sub-ohm tank before getting an RTA) and it immediately burned. Reduced to 45 or 50W and it was fine... For a while. After a week or so, I got a dry hit. So, since then, even if I will only run a build at low wattage, I want it to be able to hit as high as possible. If it can keep up with 80W, there's no way in hell I'll get a dry hit at 60W. Is it necessary? No. But that's my approach to it.

I'll add to all that that I would agree with your typical mesh strips, the 6.8mm or whatever it was wide ones we had before. The new 8.5mm strips IMO really shine at higher wattages, and I will usually use them about 10W higher than I would a normal strip. That said, they drink juice like there's no tomorrow at higher wattages, but that's the nature of the beast. As long as it delivers, I'm fine.

Well DPD are bringing mine tomorrow so I'll see for myself but since I only vape mesh at 50 watts I guess I'll not be pushing it to get more. I like preserving battery life. That's why I like mesh. Can get the flavour of sub ohm without the crazy wattage

Well so far my experience has been different. I decided to use VV 316L mesh off the bat after that guy saying the clamps wouldn't hold his, works fine on mine can put one side of the mesh on and pick up the mod and yank it and it goes nowhere, so maybe just a QA issue with his? Wicking is absolutely fine for me, chained 12 pulls at 70 watts just fine. No heating issues either all is good there.
Weird bit is for me the flavour is actually pretty decent wide open however it gets significantly worse even closing it down just a little bit and worse from there on out. Just wondering if anyone else has found the same?
Bit of a bugger for me as I like a fairly restricted hit :( think maybe they should have cut grooves on the inner chamber to angle the airflow down a bit more.

Last edited:
Well so far my experience has been different. I decided to use VV 316L mesh off the bat after that guy saying the clamps wouldn't hold his, works fine on mine can put one side of the mesh on and pick up the mod and yank it and it goes nowhere, so maybe just a QA issue with his? Wicking is absolutely fine for me, chained 12 pulls at 70 watts just fine. No heating issues either all is good there.
Weird bit is for me the flavour is actually pretty decent wide open however it gets significantly worse even closing it down just a little bit and worse from there on out. Just wondering if anyone else has found the same?
Bit of a bugger for me as I like a fairly restricted hit :( think maybe they should have cut grooves on the inner chamber to angle the airflow down a bit more.
I've noticed that with another Mesh RTA, i just found that reducing the wattage sorted it, but nowhere near as flavoursome as wide-open

like you the profile X i found works to a point better at higher wattage with airflow wide open as like you said lower the power & flavour poof gone, the build deck is exactly the same as the RDTA & ive always got those in rotation at 55w using turbo mesh & zero issues & loads of flavour so deffo nothing wrong with my wicking lol,

like you the profile X i found works to a point better at higher wattage with airflow wide open as like you said lower the power & flavour poof gone, the build deck is exactly the same as the RDTA & ive always got those in rotation at 55w using turbo mesh & zero issues & loads of flavour so deffo nothing wrong with my wicking lol,

Hmmm felt like the mesh was sitting higher to me than in the other profiles when I was building, seems counter-intuitive but I might try trimming the length down etc later on in the week, see if it makes any difference.

Well just set mine up and wicked my normal way and so far so good. I do only use at 50 watts but I'll see how much it can cope with later

Attachments

• IMG_20221128_173612.jpg
    IMG_20221128_173612.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Hmmm felt like the mesh was sitting higher to me than in the other profiles when I was building, seems counter-intuitive but I might try trimming the length down etc later on in the week, see if it makes any difference.
I will have another play with mine at some point using the same mesh turbo, but at the min I canna be arsed got me 2 profile RDTAs set up along with the Kylin M Pro & now that I'm driving buses on night shifts I hardly get to vape now at work [emoji24] lol.

I don't know if I'll go trimming the Wotofo strips, but I had a similar thought about this thing. I have a couple of spools of mesh from Vandy Vape, one SS (very fine mesh) and one A1 (rather like the Extreme strips from Wotofo). I wanna try making a few pieces that are shorter and wider than the Wotofo ones, just as wide as the clamps (makes it easier to sit perfectly in there, plus you get more surface area). Maybe having less cotton and less of a dome in the mesh will help. I'll make sure to post about it when I do try it.

As for now, my hopes of having an alternative to my Blotto Max are squashed. Nothing can beat that thing for me. It's got the perfect balance for me. The draw is as tight as I want at full open (OG Blotto was a tad tighter than I wanted), the vape is always saturated and thick, the flavor is immense and, unlike the original one, it doesn't leak. I was experimenting with it when I got it, and I got it to leak two times. One was when I intentionally put too little cotton and raked it too much, but even then it wouldn't pour out like the original, it would just sweat from the airflow holes. The other was when I replaced a broken bubble glass and one side of the cotton was completely out of its channel, just hanging there. Seriously, this thing is amazing and I won't stop praising it every chance I get. The only thing that could maybe rival its performance was the Profile RDTA, but that came with its own set of problems, as one can imagine. So I was hoping that the X would be that in a tank form factor. So far I was wrong. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom