What's new

New Profile incoming

That's exactly what I was referring to lol. I have a couple of plus v2s (1 I'm black) and a supreme v3
Hahaha nice. The Supreme v3 is my baby. One atomizer to rule them all. I wanted to get a Plus v2, and I now want a Plus v3, but none of my mods can carry a 30mm atty without overhang. I will one day... And its girth is gonna be glorious.

Hahaha nice. The Supreme v3 is my baby. One atomizer to rule them all. I wanted to get a Plus v2, and I now want a Plus v3, but none of my mods can carry a 30mm atty without overhang. I will one day... And its girth is gonna be glorious.
I have a few that will accommodate. The Grus, Asmodus Almighty, Aspire Dynamo and my Smok Scar 18 but I'm playing with the smaller tanks at the moment since I've been digging out different mods to have some variety

I have a few that will accommodate. The Grus, Asmodus Almighty, Aspire Dynamo and my Smok Scar 18 but I'm playing with the smaller tanks at the moment since I've been digging out different mods to have some variety
Well, I have a Grus too, but I don't even consider that in my choice. If I'm going with such a big tank, I'm going with equally beefy coils. And beefy coils need power. Power that a single battery mod, be it 21700 or else, simply cannot provide. Even the Grus, excellent as it is, has trouble pushing even mid sized coils in dual configs. And that's with the battery full, if it's half empty it barely fires them. And I'm not gonna even mention my Drag X Plus. That thing SUUUUUUUUUCKS.

As we said when we derailed this thread before, a godsend would be a 2x21700 version of the new Gen from Vaporesso. 'Til that comes, or 'til I budge and get an Odin or something, I will keep aboard the Profile X hate train and either regret my purchase in perpetuity or find a way to make this damn thing work.

Well, I have a Grus too, but I don't even consider that in my choice. If I'm going with such a big tank, I'm going with equally beefy coils. And beefy coils need power. Power that a single battery mod, be it 21700 or else, simply cannot provide. Even the Grus, excellent as it is, has trouble pushing even mid sized coils in dual configs. And that's with the battery full, if it's half empty it barely fires them. And I'm not gonna even mention my Drag X Plus. That thing SUUUUUUUUUCKS.

As we said when we derailed this thread before, a godsend would be a 2x21700 version of the new Gen from Vaporesso. 'Til that comes, or 'til I budge and get an Odin or something, I will keep aboard the Profile X hate train and either regret my purchase in perpetuity or find a way to make this damn thing work.
The Grus has a tenancy to drain batteries faster than my other single 21700 mods. Well I've used my Profile X all day and found now the cotton has bedded in that it slightly over saturates giving a little spit back. Maybe my wicking. Aside from that, it's fine. Wasn't worth the money as I could have bought an older trusted tank but it'll do

well im not one for giving up on things, so got out the profile X again this afternoon & put another nexmesh turbo strip in & wicked it exactly like i do the siegfried rta , i then primed it & set it at 50w had a toot & was meh :( so i then upped the watts to 55w using primevapes custard slice & wow now i can taste the flavour after abit off faffing setting the airflow it all seems good for now will see how it behaves after a few tank fulls.

The Grus has a tenancy to drain batteries faster than my other single 21700 mods. Well I've used my Profile X all day and found now the cotton has bedded in that it slightly over saturates giving a little spit back. Maybe my wicking. Aside from that, it's fine. Wasn't worth the money as I could have bought an older trusted tank but it'll do
I don't find that my batteries last less on the Grus, but then again my only other single 21700 mod is the Drag X Plus, and that doesn't really use said battery. Like, at all. It basically stops working at 50% or less battery left.
well im not one for giving up on things, so got out the profile X again this afternoon & put another nexmesh turbo strip in & wicked it exactly like i do the siegfried rta , i then primed it & set it at 50w had a toot & was meh :( so i then upped the watts to 55w using primevapes custard slice & wow now i can taste the flavour after abit off faffing setting the airflow it all seems good for now will see how it behaves after a few tank fulls.
I also installed a Turbo strip again a couple of days ago. At first it was giving me an off flavor, like burnt of sorts, but when it bedded in it stopped. Now it has no flavor. I tried from 50W all the way to 75W. No dryness, no dry hits, nothing, but also no flavor. It's disheartening.

I don't find that my batteries last less on the Grus, but then again my only other single 21700 mod is the Drag X Plus, and that doesn't really use said battery. Like, at all. It basically stops working at 50% or less battery left.

I also installed a Turbo strip again a couple of days ago. At first it was giving me an off flavor, like burnt of sorts, but when it bedded in it stopped. Now it has no flavor. I tried from 50W all the way to 75W. No dryness, no dry hits, nothing, but also no flavor. It's disheartening.

oh boy that dont sound good then, i really want to like this tank but i can see it been put away soon.

I've been having a play about with it today and reducing the airflow even slightly gives me the exact same experience.
Wide open on mine it's got good flavour so wondering if the people that are rating it highly just like it wide open or if there's some other difference.
Sure I'll try a little more but it's already getting towards the point where I've got so many other great setups can i really be bothered and is it worth the time fussing about with it.

oh boy that dont sound good then, i really want to like this tank but i can see it been put away soon.
Exactly same for me. It's flirting with my drawer heavily. Shame, shame... It's no Profile RDTA in normal tank form, like I had hoped.
I've been having a play about with it today and reducing the airflow even slightly gives me the exact same experience.
Wide open on mine it's got good flavour so wondering if the people that are rating it highly just like it wide open or if there's some other difference.
Sure I'll try a little more but it's already getting towards the point where I've got so many other great setups can i really be bothered and is it worth the time fussing about with it.
When I increase power, I always leave the airflow wide open so that I avoid overheating the coils, and when I end up finding where I want my setup on power, I then start restricting the airflow to where I find it pleasant. So yeah, it was wide open for most of this, but it's got too much air wide open, so if there was any flavor, it would be diluting it. I opened it up again just now and removed a bit of cotton from the juice wells by gently pulling a few strands up with my pliers and cutting them off. I even showered the whole thing with juice so that it's freshly saturated. 65W, no flavor, it's like I'm vaping straight VG with something barely in it. Take a peek at my build if you want out of curiosity, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary, apart from the fact that the metal is a bit darkened. This juice does that, sadly, it's the only one I use that destroys coils, not just cotton. But coffee butter cookie? Yum.
IMG_20221130_184633.jpg IMG_20221130_184722.jpg

PS : The pictures are pre-trimming. That little bit of cotton protruding from the cotton well is gone. Still the same behavior.

48 hours and looking like it needs a dry burn clean

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_185120.jpg
    IMG_20221130_185120.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom