What's new

New Profile incoming

Ok, small update. With the current method I used for wicking, it's working somewhat well. Again, the flavor isn't blowing me away, but it's a'ight, it's ok. If this was my first RTA (or at least the first one after my hated Dead Rabbit v2) I would be happy. It's wicking alright too, tooting away at 75W no problem.

So, for anyone having issues, try this. Instead of doing the classic diagonal cut on the cotton, with shorter top and longer bottom, do kind of the opposite. Trim the edges to the correct length, rake the everliving crap out of your cotton, paying attention not to pull strands from below the mesh, then use your scissors to ever so slightly trim the bottom part of the cotton, so that, when tucked into the juice wells, the top and bottom parts would end up at the same height. I used to do that on the Profile RDTA and it worked much better than the conventional method of mesh wicking, and it seems to be the case here too. Also, using Wotofo's cotton (because I can't be arsed to waste my good cotton on desperate tries to make this work) I had to let the thing break in for quite a few hours before it started producing flavor. Just a heads up.

Does this mean this atty is escaping the drawer of shame? Not likely, it's probably ending up there. But as it is working now, I might pull it out every now and then when I want mesh and large capacity. As it was three days ago, it was flirting with the trash, not the drawer.

Wendy the YouTube reviewer often wicks that way. I'll try that thank you. It's ok but I've got the same juice in 4 tanks and its not as flavourful. Supreme v3, Profile RDTA, Kylin M Pro all have decent flavour.
Ok, small update. With the current method I used for wicking, it's working somewhat well. Again, the flavor isn't blowing me away, but it's a'ight, it's ok. If this was my first RTA (or at least the first one after my hated Dead Rabbit v2) I would be happy. It's wicking alright too, tooting away at 75W no problem.

So, for anyone having issues, try this. Instead of doing the classic diagonal cut on the cotton, with shorter top and longer bottom, do kind of the opposite. Trim the edges to the correct length, rake the everliving crap out of your cotton, paying attention not to pull strands from below the mesh, then use your scissors to ever so slightly trim the bottom part of the cotton, so that, when tucked into the juice wells, the top and bottom parts would end up at the same height. I used to do that on the Profile RDTA and it worked much better than the conventional method of mesh wicking, and it seems to be the case here too. Also, using Wotofo's cotton (because I can't be arsed to waste my good cotton on desperate tries to make this work) I had to let the thing break in for quite a few hours before it started producing flavor. Just a heads up.

Does this mean this atty is escaping the drawer of shame? Not likely, it's probably ending up there. But as it is working now, I might pull it out every now and then when I want mesh and large capacity. As it was three days ago, it was flirting with the trash, not the drawer.

Sadly I've already tried it that way & as @Lisa Bolton has already said it's not exactly blowing my socks off flavour wise, same liquid in the M pro it tastes amazing, my X already packed away before ending up in the bin.

the only thing ive not tried with the x is seen if the base fits the Kylin M pro & if it does see if things improve there but that can wait another day as im heading to bed lol.

Wendy the YouTube reviewer often wicks that way. I'll try that thank you. It's ok but I've got the same juice in 4 tanks and its not as flavourful. Supreme v3, Profile RDTA, Kylin M Pro all have decent flavour.
Eh, as I said, and as Mutley also pointed out, it doesn't save the tank. It's just not as bad as it was with other methods. The Profile RDTA worked fine with other wicking methods, it just worked better like this. This RTA is atrocious and Wotofo should be ashamed. But I've paid for it and I would hate for it to end up in the garbage so soon.
Sadly I've already tried it that way & as @Lisa Bolton has already said it's not exactly blowing my socks off flavour wise, same liquid in the M pro it tastes amazing, my X already packed away before ending up in the bin.
Yeah, that was my experience as well. It works better, but the bar was already so low that any flavor at all would be an improvement. Trying to salvage this mess of a tank, I've swapped liquids around from my other RTAs into it, to see if maybe anything changes. Coffee butter cookie tastes amazing on the Fat Rabbit, whereas it was barely tasteable in the Profile X. Pumpkin cookie is exceptional in the Blotto Max, but tasted like nothing on the X. Hell, I even built the Supreme v3 with mesh yesterday, which is its worst performing aspect (as amazing as it is in general, it's not a particularly great mesh tank), I threw it on my anaemic Drag X Plus and at 50W its flavor blows the Profile X out of the water. Disgraceful.
the only thing ive not tried with the x is seen if the base fits the Kylin M pro & if it does see if things improve there but that can wait another day as im heading to bed lol.
Could that actually work? That would be interesting. If you do end up giving it a go, share your experience here.

Eh, as I said, and as Mutley also pointed out, it doesn't save the tank. It's just not as bad as it was with other methods. The Profile RDTA worked fine with other wicking methods, it just worked better like this. This RTA is atrocious and Wotofo should be ashamed. But I've paid for it and I would hate for it to end up in the garbage so soon.

Yeah, that was my experience as well. It works better, but the bar was already so low that any flavor at all would be an improvement. Trying to salvage this mess of a tank, I've swapped liquids around from my other RTAs into it, to see if maybe anything changes. Coffee butter cookie tastes amazing on the Fat Rabbit, whereas it was barely tasteable in the Profile X. Pumpkin cookie is exceptional in the Blotto Max, but tasted like nothing on the X. Hell, I even built the Supreme v3 with mesh yesterday, which is its worst performing aspect (as amazing as it is in general, it's not a particularly great mesh tank), I threw it on my anaemic Drag X Plus and at 50W its flavor blows the Profile X out of the water. Disgraceful.

Could that actually work? That would be interesting. If you do end up giving it a go, share your experience here.
Having not long finished a late shift & now off for 4 days I will give it a try either tomorrow or Monday, reason why it might work I'm thinking is the airflow slot on x is just wrong unlike the Kylin where it angles it, so will keep you updated in next few days.

Well I've just put a different build in. Found a wider mesh strip, can't remember what they are but feel thicker, darker mesh and wider. I used more cotton than I normally would as I wrapped normal amount with a layer of half a cotton square. So far it's much better. At least getting flavour. 2 rows of 3 open and 50 watts. Actually on 60 watts it is tasting on par with the Kylin M Pro. Using a mixture of IVG purple slush and berry medley together.

Last edited:
If an rta needs that much messing around with: this build that build, wick like this wick like that, this wattage that wattage, well the tank can generally be regarded as crap, unfortunately.

If an rta needs that much messing around with: this build that build, wick like this wick like that, this wattage that wattage, well the tank can generally be regarded as crap, unfortunately.
Yes I would somewhat agree but if we keep doing the same thing expecting them to be exactly the same then why buy something new? Finding out what works is frustrating but I'm now loving it. It's so much better and instead of thinking at least it goes with my rainbow mod, I'm now thinking of getting another at some point. Just need to work out if the mesh strips I used were extreme ones with them being wider than most. I'll take a pic later to see if you guys can identify the brand

Well I've just put a different build in. Found a wider mesh strip, can't remember what they are but feel thicker, darker mesh and wider. I used more cotton than I normally would as I wrapped normal amount with a layer of half a cotton square. So far it's much better. At least getting flavour. 2 rows of 3 open and 50 watts. Actually on 60 watts it is tasting on par with the Kylin M Pro. Using a mixture of IVG purple slush and berry medley together.
glad you got it working :)

Back
Top Bottom