What's new

New Profile incoming

Eh, as I said, and as Mutley also pointed out, it doesn't save the tank. It's just not as bad as it was with other methods. The Profile RDTA worked fine with other wicking methods, it just worked better like this. This RTA is atrocious and Wotofo should be ashamed. But I've paid for it and I would hate for it to end up in the garbage so soon.

Yeah, that was my experience as well. It works better, but the bar was already so low that any flavor at all would be an improvement. Trying to salvage this mess of a tank, I've swapped liquids around from my other RTAs into it, to see if maybe anything changes. Coffee butter cookie tastes amazing on the Fat Rabbit, whereas it was barely tasteable in the Profile X. Pumpkin cookie is exceptional in the Blotto Max, but tasted like nothing on the X. Hell, I even built the Supreme v3 with mesh yesterday, which is its worst performing aspect (as amazing as it is in general, it's not a particularly great mesh tank), I threw it on my anaemic Drag X Plus and at 50W its flavor blows the Profile X out of the water. Disgraceful.

Could that actually work? That would be interesting. If you do end up giving it a go, share your experience here.

it did not fit.

Yes I would somewhat agree but if we keep doing the same thing expecting them to be exactly the same then why buy something new? Finding out what works is frustrating but I'm now loving it. It's so much better and instead of thinking at least it goes with my rainbow mod, I'm now thinking of getting another at some point. Just need to work out if the mesh strips I used were extreme ones with them being wider than most. I'll take a pic later to see if you guys can identify the brand

i also had another go at wicking again with this but still using turbo & this time i used vapefly M cotton still did the angle cut & cut it so the cotton just lays into the wells no pushing in just let the weight of liquid settle it in, tried at 55w using primevapes custard slice nahh it needed more oomph & finally settled at 65 watts this was at 10am this morning & this thing is now finally working how it should, yes it high ish wattge but these strips are wider than the standard nexmesh orf 0.13 i normally use so need more oomph, anyway gone through one tank & it now needs a refill & im happy :)

Yay, that's 2 of us happy. Can anyone identify these please?
IMG_20221204_201919.jpg
i also had another go at wicking again with this but still using turbo & this time i used vapefly M cotton still did the angle cut & cut it so the cotton just lays into the wells no pushing in just let the weight of liquid settle it in, tried at 55w using primevapes custard slice nahh it needed more oomph & finally settled at 65 watts this was at 10am this morning & this thing is now finally working how it should, yes it high ish wattge but these strips are wider than the standard nexmesh orf 0.13 i normally use so need more oomph, anyway gone through one tank & it now needs a refill & im happy :)

Wait, you guys were using the old NexMesh strips? The 6.8mm wide ones that go into the Unity, Kylin M, Profile M etc? If so, big mistake. These new NexMesh strips (that so far only fit the Profile RDTA, Profile X and maybe one of their RDAs) are much better, if for no other reason because they're wider and have more surface area. The Extreme ones aren't even the best for flavor, the Turbo and Clapton ones are better (altough you can use higher watts with the Extreme mesh no problem and it will keep up nicely, so you can get more vapor and a warmer vape). Just beware that there's Clapton mesh and Clapton S mesh. Clapton mesh is 8.5mm for the Profile X/RDTA, Clapton S mesh is 6.8mm and is for the older stuff.

Geez, and I thought I'm getting no flavor with the big strips. If you were using the smaller ones it must have been truly atrocious!

Wait, you guys were using the old NexMesh strips? The 6.8mm wide ones that go into the Unity, Kylin M, Profile M etc? If so, big mistake. These new NexMesh strips (that so far only fit the Profile RDTA, Profile X and maybe one of their RDAs) are much better, if for no other reason because they're wider and have more surface area. The Extreme ones aren't even the best for flavor, the Turbo and Clapton ones are better (altough you can use higher watts with the Extreme mesh no problem and it will keep up nicely, so you can get more vapor and a warmer vape). Just beware that there's Clapton mesh and Clapton S mesh. Clapton mesh is 8.5mm for the Profile X/RDTA, Clapton S mesh is 6.8mm and is for the older stuff.

Geez, and I thought I'm getting no flavor with the big strips. If you were using the smaller ones it must have been truly atrocious!

no mate using these they was for the RDTA
https://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/product/new-nexmesh-mesh-strips-pack-of-10/?v=79cba1185463

That seems quite expensive for Ali. Seen them for £4.99 with free shipping over £20 on Amazon

Back
Top Bottom