What's new

NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

PS: I'm not knocking this tutorial its pretty clear and easy to understand so apologies if I gave that impression, it wasn't intended.

Nope, i'm far too ham fisted. Fiddling cutting mesh, fiddling burning it, fiddling wrapping it, fiddling making sure it fits in the hole, fiddling making sure its away from the base, fiddling coiling it. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle.........And with my fat fingers I got no hope, its all seemingly simple enough but each step has to be spot on, go wrong and you start again. And I went wrong. A lot. Five cut lenngths later, five mesh burnings later, five fiddling a fucking bouts later...........I was determined to get this right but fuck me, you could spend hours on this, its not for me and as promising as the end result is, I just can't see how i'll get it right.

For sale one Nextiny, arrived this morning :D

Have a cup of tea, and then start again :) do it one bit at a time, and congratulate yourself, once the mesh is done its just the coiling, just reuse the mesh if you need to recoil, you don't have to start again from scratch (my mistake on first day I think I redid the mesh a dozen times before someone said just re-use it).

It is so worth it! andf I can manage it for my ever build then I am sure you can (worse case PM me and send it over will put in a build and post it back).

13mm is WAY too big for this, no matter how I rig it, its impossible to have it sitting away from the base, its just too long. So I cut it by two or three mm, but its still too long. I'm not sure 8mm is worth bothering with :D

[emoji33] it only just needs to be 1mm off the base of the tank. If the mesh is flush to the bolt they should be plenty

Nope, i'm far too ham fisted. Fiddling cutting mesh, fiddling burning it, fiddling wrapping it, fiddling making sure it fits in the hole, fiddling making sure its away from the base, fiddling coiling it. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle.........And with my fat fingers I got no hope, its all seemingly simple enough but each step has to be spot on, go wrong and you start again. And I went wrong. A lot. Five cut lenngths later, five mesh burnings later, five fiddling a fucking bouts later...........I was determined to get this right but fuck me, you could spend hours on this, its not for me and as promising as the end result is, I just can't see how i'll get it right.

For sale one Nextiny, arrived this morning :D

only 5 attempts...5..ffs..I done in a screw, went through a reel of wire and sheet and a half of mesh serving my apprenticeship.

only 5 attempts...5..ffs..I done in a screw, went through a reel of wire and sheet and a half of mesh serving my apprenticeship.
Perhaps I should add a disclaimer, that your first try could be multiple attempts. But once done, its a damn site easier due to all of the practice :)

Gonna piss you all off now.
I took to Gennys instantly. My first build was a sat22 400 mesh, straw in straw and I had it coiled on my second attempt and used the first mesh tubes I made. [emoji14]

[emoji33] it only just needs to be 1mm off the base of the tank. If the mesh is flush to the bolt they should be plenty
I pull it up flush with the nut, which is less than two turns tightened and its still down the hole. Even when I cut it :D

Thanks for your help but this isn't for me, I would persevere but i've put another three or four coils on and got nowhere, its the same stage every time now and four hours in its gotten tiresome and frustrating, not to mention having spunked £35 on gear :D And i get the feeling that if I get it right, it'll be an accident and i'll have to go through it all again when I want to change mesh.

To the classies with it, lesson learned. Me and mesh are not friends.

I pull it up flush with the nut, which is less than two turns tightened and its still down the hole. Even when I cut it :D

Thanks for your help but this isn't for me, I would persevere but i've put another three or four coils on and got nowhere, its the same stage every time now and four hours in its gotten tiresome and frustrating, not to mention having spunked £35 on gear :D And i get the feeling that if I get it right, it'll be an accident and i'll have to go through it all again when I want to change mesh.

To the classies with it, lesson learned. Me and mesh are not friends.

It goes down the hole through the tank, it just must not hit the bottom of the tank :).

Image1461932423.537406.jpg

If you push it down fully you will hit the base then just lift it a little.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom