What's new

Nicotine shots.

Ebony

Postman
Hi All

Are the shot calculators accurate/reliable on the web?

Can you only purchase the nicotine as a standard 18mg?

How do I know if the nicotine shots will change my vg/pg ratio?

It’s all a bit confusing, any help for further understanding would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ebs

The online calculators are accurate.

Each nic shot should have what pg/vg ratio on the bottle.

20mg is the max nic you can legally buy in this country. But most nic shots are 18mg

Yes, all the ones I've used have been.

You can buy nicotine up to 20mg legally.

Unless the nicotine shot is the same ratio as your e-liquid it will change it, which may or may not be desirable. You can buy 100% VG 100%PG 70/30 50/50 shots from various places. In a calculator you should be able to put the strength and ratios in, if you can't use a different one.

I used to use 50/50 nic shots in 50ml 70vg shortfills but would make it too thin and over wick with my rtas, now I use 70/30 nic shots and it's alot better.

Yes, all the ones I've used have been.

You can buy nicotine up to 20mg legally.

Unless the nicotine shot is the same ratio as your e-liquid it will change it, which may or may not be desirable. You can buy 100% VG 100%PG 70/30 50/50 shots from various places. In a calculator you should be able to put the strength and ratios in, if you can't use a different one.

So buy the nic shot to a similar ratio to my vg/pg mix and the ratio will be similar or the same? Is that what you are saying?....

Ebs

So buy the nic shot to a similar ratio to my vg/pg mix and the ratio will be similar or the same? Is that what you are saying?....

Ebs

Also, I don’t have to do any steeping?

most nic shots supplied with shortfills is 100%vg which i find makes my juice a little too thick so i now buy 50/50 from darkstar which work perfectly in my crowns and cascades without any leaking and compared to 100vg the 50/50 is not a stress on the coils when i chain vape so they last longer.

its a bit of a grey area as the consistency between shortfills can vary.
with a shortfill with 70/30 on label is that actually 70/30 before nic shot is added or after a nic shot is added.
steeping depends on the supplier. some need a good steep and some dont. also i would give it one day after adding a nic shot and shake it to an inch of its life. then let settle and shake next day. leave to settle for a few hours then vape. if there is not much flavour then im guessing it does need a steep so stick in a cupboard for a week or two.

most nic shots supplied with shortfills is 100%vg which i find makes my juice a little too thick so i now buy 50/50 from darkstar which work perfectly in my crowns and cascades without any leaking and compared to 100vg the 50/50 is not a stress on the coils when i chain vape so they last longer.

with a shortfill with 70/30 on label is that actually 70/30 before nic shot is added or after a nic shot is added.
steeping depends on the supplier. some need a good steep and some dont. also i would give it one day after adding a nic shot and shake it to an inch of its life. then let settle and shake next day. leave to settle for a few hours then vape. if there is not much flavour then im guessing it does need a steep so stick in a cupboard for a week or two.

Thanks for this advice it's helped me too.

Steve.

Awesome advice cheers

Back
Top Bottom