What's new

Now we know about gplat...

Supposedly the owner even changed his profession to, 'none of your buisness'...nice touch.

Would it be wrong to assume they knew exactly what they were selling. Hence the lengths they went to to keep it from people. Playing the ignorance card for there wallets benefit.

Although they fall into the 'being a americnut' category....at least there dishonesty was only for financial gain, as opposed to masking health risks...is small conciliation I guess to the people that purchased.

The financial gain thing isn't that much of an issue though, is it? Juice vendors get this argument all the time - why are we charging up to £5 for a bottle of juice that people can make themselves for less, or other brands sell for £3 et. At the end of the day they are a business who marketed something others were not freely offering, they could quite simply made a statement to the effect of "a special variant of 317L that has been tested to be vape safe" instead of smoke and mirrors in their marketing.

The financial gain thing isn't that much of an issue though, is it? Juice vendors get this argument all the time - why are we charging up to £5 for a bottle of juice that people can make themselves for less, or other brands sell for £3 et. At the end of the day they are a business who marketed something others were not freely offering, they could quite simply made a statement to the effect of "a special variant of 317L that has been tested to be vape safe" instead of smoke and mirrors in their marketing.

Not a problem at all, as long as you arn't doing it in an underhand way, as they were. It was the fact they were withholding information to draw business they wouldn't have otherwise.

It's like if you poured some Boots 100% VG into a 10ml bottle, and branded it as 'PlumeBlu Super Competition Cloud Liquid' priced it at £10, and wouldn't tell anyone what was in it :P.

You are perfectly honest about your product, and allow the consumer to make an educated decision on whether the product is worth its value. Is a big difference IMO

You summed it up really, the problem lays with there 'less than honest' marketing, not the product they were offering.

Not a direct comparison though, two different cells entirely so the price per unit may be very different. Also those prices you see on wholesale sites are usually for large quantities and as you require less the price goes up (often drastically). Factor in also shipping charges with the limited shippers who will take Lithium cells from China (essentially just Fedex now) and the prices.

for a $4.89 cell you would be looking close to £6.50 landed price with Mr taxman and his various chums all taking their portions and that is without it even being on a shelf or making a single lick of profit.

Compare that cell to the likes of the Efest purple 35a and you have a bit of a closer comparison. I can't speak for the Vamped cells though as I have not seen a wholesale price to compare them.

Supposedly the owner even changed his profession to, 'none of your buisness'...nice touch.

Would it be wrong to assume they knew exactly what they were selling. Hence the lengths they went to to keep it from people. Playing the ignorance card for there wallets benefit.

Although they fall into the 'being a americnut' category....at least there dishonesty was only for financial gain, as opposed to masking health risks...is small conciliation I guess to the people that purchased.
I think it's perfectly acceptable to believe they were just considering how to rip people off.

I'm highly skeptical of all the new fads - like all that black shit in Japanese cotton. If I can't source an MSDS or a reputable association backing somethings safety I dont suck on it.

I just don't understand the mindset of people who dont give a shit about theircoils, wicks and juice.

The financial gain thing isn't that much of an issue though, is it? Juice vendors get this argument all the time - why are we charging up to £5 for a bottle of juice that people can make themselves for less, or other brands sell for £3

I did get a good laugh yesterday.

A customer rang me:

him: "Hi, this is a bit of a long shot, but I really like your cucumber juice, and I was wondering if you can tell me what's in it so I can make it myself"

me:"er well, I can tell you that the base flavour is Capella cucumber, and there's some spearmint flavour in there as well, and that's about as much as I can tell you"

People in my experience generally don't care about the actual price of a thing, they care that they are getting value for money. For juice it's about convenience. Yes you could get in a load of mixing supplies and make your own liquid and save a packet, but that takes time and effort and it's easier to get someone else to do that so you get more time to do stuff you prefer doing, see also ready meals, or eating out.

If you get rumbled selling something cheap for a vastly inflated price, then people get very pissed off. See Ratners Jewellery.

I have a load of brand new stuff coming out soon that you might want to try instead of this anyway:

DuZtYB1N by Pl;00M Creations, a custom 321 grade alloy - competition grade of course ;)

It will be about £4 per foot

Just trying to get a celebrity endorsement from it's namesake

dustybin.thumb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom