What's new

Nurses to get a pay rise of 1%

Your not derailing the thread I agree whole heartedly with what you say I rent I’m not ashamed it seems renters are seen as scum “everyone should buy a house” but at 250k for a 2 bed house in the country it’s just a dream now for us

Sorry to hear that vs, when I rented, I had a fair rent tenancy, all those got abolished in 1988, ffing sick joke, all of it. No Government, including the Labour ones dealt with the housing problem, in terms of supply, quality, the cost of buying and renting, or security of tenure, it's insane. I occasionally ride out to the sticks to the council house/ estate where I grew up, out of about 50 odd properties, only two or three are still council/ housing association home, disgraceful, it makes me want to cry. I know how well it worked, as a council estate, albeit a slightly posh one, in terms of location and being quite modern (homes were built late 60s, our first inside toilet, not shared with neighbours, no tin bath, that WAS progress)

Your not derailing the thread I agree whole heartedly with what you say I rent I’m not ashamed it seems renters are seen as scum “everyone should buy a house” but at 250k for a 2 bed house in the country it’s just a dream now for us

We rent, everyone I know rents (apart from 2 of my friends, one who has a very good job, the other who bought years ago when they were young and single) .... honestly nobody I socialse with can afford to buy their own homes. .... we live in a high house prices/low wages area.

seems a bit tight given the extra 350 million a week the nhs are getting. surely that could help to bump the wages a bit?

I know your comment was sarcasm, but we both know that the torys will try and run the NHS by putting the absolute minimum into it. ... as always.

almost as though bj has been lying about this stuff all along. :)

Back
Top Bottom