What's new

Orian 2 rba avalible now

Mine has arrived. Nicely presented in a fairly large sturdy box.

I nearly didn't post this as I really don't like being a negative nancy, but this community has been so helpful to me over the past 10 years or so, I feel I must say it as I see it.

RBA is a tiny, simple construction - very few parts (although lots of spares inc extra tank in the box). 4mm pin installed by default which perhaps betrays LVE's preference here and explains the lack of any MTL pins - anyways instantly switched that out for the 2mm. The whole thing breaks down into only 5 parts (plus o-rings), tank, refill screw plug, RBA cap/chimney, RBA deck, air pin - all of which had a quick vodka bath before I put it back together.

Keep in mind I vape at very low watts (9-11w) and prefer it tighter than a ducks *rse. Since 2016 and until very recently my main tank has been the Doggy 2k16, which also has a 2mm under coil air pin, so I am used to restricting air flow down to nearly nothing via the external AFC only.

After a good vodka bath I put it back together and built it with a 1.0 ohm coil. Now I originally put three paragraphs here on how this is possibly the most frustratingly awkward RBA/RTA I have ever built in all the years I've been vaping. But there's no need for all that waffle - just look at a picture of the RBA and then consider that the only way to hold the tiny deck stable whilst building on it is when it is in the tank and fixed into the mod, but the tank itself is a sealed unit of course offering no access to the deck, so that wont work. Now imagine how you will fit the coil, test fire and wick. Yes it's possible as I did it, but it's a very fiddly and awkward process that's all I'm saying.

Once it's up and running it didn't leak a drop for me. It has a lot of flavour output too - this really surprised me, but must be a result of the tiny deck and chimney. Air flow wise I reckon I can get it down to about what feels like 1.5mm restriction using the 2mm pin and careful adjustment of the AFC (nearly closed) - if you close it off any further it starts throttling and misbehaving but at about 1.5mm it's a nice smooth very flavourful vape. To get it any closer to that 1.0mm to 1.2mm that us tootle puffers love then it will definately need those MTL pins produced and installed under the coil.

With much easier options available I'm getting too old to feck about as much as is needed to regularly build on this RBA, but the reward certainly seems to be there if you have the patience and dexterity. On the box it says "a special design for enthusiasts" and you will most certainly need to be that to use it on the daily I think.

** Edited to add - see stealthvapes reply below - in short i'm a dumbass and you can unscrew the ring on the base to reveal a 510 thread to secure the deck to build. This changes my opinion and I will likely continue to use it now - Sorry I got it wrong! **

Last edited:

I nearly didn't post this as I really don't like being a negative nancy, but this community has been so helpful to me over the past 10 years or so, I feel I must say it as I see it.

RBA is a tiny, simple construction - very few parts (although lots of spares inc extra tank in the box). 4mm pin installed by default which perhaps betrays LVE's preference here and explains the lack of any MTL pins - anyways instantly switched that out for the 2mm. The whole thing breaks down into only 5 parts (plus o-rings), tank, refill screw plug, RBA cap/chimney, RBA deck, air pin - all of which had a quick vodka bath before I put it back together.

Keep in mind I vape at very low watts (9-11w) and prefer it tighter than a ducks *rse. Since 2016 and until very recently my main tank has been the Doggy 2k16, which also has a 2mm under coil air pin, so I am used to restricting air flow down to nearly nothing via the external AFC only.

After a good vodka bath I put it back together and built it with a 1.0 ohm coil. Now I originally put three paragraphs here on how this is possibly the most frustratingly awkward RBA/RTA I have ever built in all the years I've been vaping. But there's no need for all that waffle - just look at a picture of the RBA and then consider that the only way to hold the tiny deck stable whilst building on it is when it is in the tank and fixed into the mod, but the tank itself is a sealed unit of course offering no access to the deck, so that wont work. Now imagine how you will fit the coil, test fire and wick. Yes it's possible as I did it, but it's a very fiddly and awkward process that's all I'm saying.

Once it's up and running it didn't leak a drop for me. It has a lot of flavour output too - this really surprised me, but must be a result of the tiny deck and chimney. Air flow wise I reckon I can get it down to about 1.5mm restriction using the 2mm pin and careful adjustment of the AFC (nearly closed) - if you close it off any further it starts throttling and misbehaving but at about 1.5mm it's a nice smooth very flavourful vape. To get it any closer to that 1.0mm to 1.2mm that us tootle puffers love then it will definately need those MTL pins produced and installed under the coil.

With much easier options available I'm getting too old to feck about as much as is needed to regularly build on this RBA, but the reward certainly seems to be there if you have the patience and dexterity. On the box it says "a special design for enthusiasts" and you will most certainly need to be that to use it on the daily I think.

Great to hear your thoughts and I've read that stealthvape are going tobe doing some mtl pins pretty soon I think there 1 1.2 and 1.5

Once it's up and running it didn't leak a drop for me. It has a lot of flavour output too - this really surprised me, but must be a result of the tiny deck and chimney. Air flow wise I reckon I can get it down to about what feels like 1.5mm restriction using the 2mm pin and careful adjustment of the AFC (nearly closed) - if you close it off any further it starts throttling and misbehaving but at about 1.5mm it's a nice smooth very flavourful vape. To get it any closer to that 1.0mm to 1.2mm that us tootle puffers love then it will definately need those MTL pins produced and installed under the coil.

You can unscrew the circular base bit to reveal a 510 thread.

We mentioned this in the FAQ at the bottom. Orion II RBA FAQ

And I added this to the manual "To dry burn your coil, remove the Base Negative Post and thread the Build Deck onto any 510 compatible device". I generally don't read manuals too though :)

And yes, I'm providing after sales support for a competitors customer. That's how we roll

@stealthvape Apologies good sir, I'm an dumbass and thank you for taking the time to politely correct me. I have edited my comments above to point at your reply. I have purchased from you many times before (not least I always buy my wire from you) and will no doubt do so again, AIas I was impatient on this occasion but im my defence I also wanted to get another Cthulhu Valor at the same time. I have no such defence for not reading the manual other than I'm a dumbass, sorry again :)2

@stealthvape Apologies good sir, I'm an dumbass and thank you for taking the time to politely correct me. I have edited my comments above to point at your reply. I have purchased from you many times before (not least I always buy my wire from you) and will no doubt do so again, AIas I was impatient on this occasion but im my defence I also wanted to get another Cthulhu Valor at the same time. I have no such defence for not reading the manual other than I'm a dumbass, sorry again :)2
Oh not at all, it's a really easy thing to miss and there's still no reviews yet where they cover stuff like that.

Is it managing to not oversaturate with the airflow closed right down?

I've been hitting it quite hard today as I loaded it up with some Manabush Cafe Cappuccino which I haven't vaped in a long time (forgot how much I enjoyed that), I'm half a tank in at 9w and so far so good, performing perfectly, high flavour with no over saturation. In fact I think it easily out performs the stock coils for flavour, but a lot of that is likely down to having my own coils and wicking made to my own personal preference.

I have opened it up a smidge so it's a little more airy than I'd ideally prefer, but like I said I'd guess at about 1.5mm restriction. On that note will you be selling those modded MTL pins seperately as I'd like to grab a pack if you do?

When I checked how to remove the negative post ring I noticed some condensation underneath, but nothing too much to worry about and it's been totally leak and gurgle free otherwise. I'm leaving it out overnight on its side to see how it behaves.

If MTL pins do become available then I will probably buy the RBA. Appreciate the work and effort you are putting in @stealthvape

Back
Top Bottom