What's new

Out of date nicotine

ezios_15

Initiate
So im pretty new to vaping and decided to try some diy liquid. Ive mixed up 110ml of 4 different flavours. I got my vg pg and concentrates from vapemate ( not sure if that was a good idea ) and i got my nicotine which is vampire vape vg based from my local shop. After mixing up the juice yesterday i just realised the nicotine expired october 2015 should i be taking it back to the shop or is it fine to use ?
I also have a problem with one of the juices. I mixed up 30ml of black jack and it just constantly separates and looks like oil clumps when i shake it and reseparates within 10 mins. The other juices ( cherry cola, strawberry shake and blueberry ) all look and smell ok but not tryed them yet as there in my boiler cupboard steeping. Any advice on the blackjack its all mixed 3mg per ml 70vg. Any advice will be great thx

With your nicotine you would be best having a little smell of it, if it seems peppery (or your juices taste peppery) then it probably isn't useable, if it's odourless then all good. I have nic in my freezer which I am hoping to still be using 4 years from now, storage does make a difference.
With your separating liquid try war in it slightly and giving it a really good shake following. If it does look oily though you would be advised to put a drop of the concentrate into a cup or glass of water and see if it behaves like an oil in the water, not a good idea to use concentrates that have an oil component to them.

If you only just bought the nic recently I would take it back toot sweet... Not good selling out of date nic. It is probably ok but it's the principal

With your nicotine you would be best having a little smell of it, if it seems peppery (or your juices taste peppery) then it probably isn't useable, if it's odourless then all good. I have nic in my freezer which I am hoping to still be using 4 years from now, storage does make a difference.
With your separating liquid try war in it slightly and giving it a really good shake following. If it does look oily though you would be advised to put a drop of the concentrate into a cup or glass of water and see if it behaves like an oil in the water, not a good idea to use concentrates that have an oil component to them.
Thanks for the info the nic does have a smell to it its vampire vapes vg based so should it be odourless ? Smells like the musty smell when you go in a vape shop from everyone vaping tonnes in there unless thats just the shop i went in maybe ?? I hope the nic isnt dud because i mixed up 110ml before noticing :( and ive tried everything with the blackjack it just dosnt mix ill try get a refund i guess and get some vampire vapes blackjack

Good quality nic should be odourless @ezios_15 , likely to be older stock and perhaps has suffered from oxidisation. my advice would be to use darkstar in future for your nic, it's always very clear and odour free. if you want a cheaper alternative to VV blackjack then the vapours r us one is good if you just add 1% sweetener. someone else might have other alternatives for you.

Ive read loads of cimments about blackjack being a bitch to mix as it does keep splitting :(

Good quality nic should be odourless @ezios_15 , likely to be older stock and perhaps has suffered from oxidisation. my advice would be to use darkstar in future for your nic, it's always very clear and odour free. if you want a cheaper alternative to VV blackjack then the vapours r us one is good if you just add 1% sweetener. someone else might have other alternatives for you.
Thanks for that bud i took the nicotine back and the guy looked under his counter and all of his vg nic was out of date by more than 6 months. I swapped it for pg with a expiry of 2017 and it is almost odour less nothing like the vg anyway. Ill try the darkstar and vapours r us, as im new to vaping i just dont know the best places ill learn. When you say add 1% sweetner is this a liquid where do i get it ? Many thanks. Had to throw away all the juice i had mixed up it definately tasted like pepper well similar was horrible but the shop didnt replace my concentrates waste of my £10 to there incompetance

@ezios_15 sweetener comes in various forms, ethyl Maltol, cotton candy, stevia or just branded as sweetener. EM isn't a bad place to start or cotton candy, add small amounts until you find the effect you want, you can always add more but you can't take it out. Don't worry we all started somewhere bud.

Back
Top Bottom