What's new

Review Peach, Peppermint - Two new flavours from LiQuid (OnePoundEliquid.com)

davrog

Achiever
Liquid have released two new flavours in the last week, so I thought I'd try them and provide a quick initial review. I purchased these myself (at the whopping cost of £2!).

Peach - 10ml, 6mg, 55VG/45PG

Peach..... if I'm honest it's not a flavour that I've lay awake at night, wanting to try. Real peaches are ok, but peach flavoured 'stuff' tends to get sickly pretty quickly. First things first, a BIG thumbs up to LiQuid because they do not put ANY unsteeped juices out of the door. This juice, although newly lauched, came with an expiry date suggesting it was 5 weeks old. Other vendors take note!

So, on opening the bottle, there's a pretty strong, sweet, pleasant peach smell. I popped this one into a newly wicked Aerotank fitted with a NatureVape coil. I usually try new juices on my Zorro dripper initially, but although I love most LiQuid juices, I cannot sub-ohm or drip them, as the PG content is too high. (I can only sub-ohm or drip where VG is at least 70%).

The flavour is immediate and intense. Perhaps a little too intense. It is not at all unpleasant - not oversweet, not artificial-tasting, just perhaps a little too strong in balance. It certainly is very peachy!

I think my overall summary of this one is that I do believe it's a great flavour, and real fans of Peach should love it. For me, it was more a case of wanting to see if I'd enjoy a Peach flavoured vape, and the answer to that (generally, not just in terms of this vendor's juice) is that I don't. It's a little too 'perfumed' to me, a little pungent. A little too peachy! I can't really fault the juice - you can tell when a juice is "just bad" or "just good", regardless of your taste preferences. This is a good juice, following in the footsteps of LiQuids other recent, impressive releases; Rhubarb & Custard and Blackcurrent & Liquorice.

I wouldn't buy it again, but that's because I can't see myself enjoying any peach juices. But peach fans should definitely check it out.

Subjective score: 5/10
Objective score: 7.5/10

Peppermint - 10ml, 6mg, 55VG/45PG

This is a brand new release by LiQuid, and not to be confused with their "Menthol" or "Mint Blast" flavours. The latter are more generic mint/menthol flavours, where this new Peppermint is specificly trying to emulate the sort of flavour you get from specific Peppermint flavoured things; eg... Wrigley's original Peppermint Gum.

The smell was subtle but sweet - definitely Peppermint and not just generic menthol. It is a sweet smell, but not as sweet as Spearmint, with it's softer, almost fruity tone ..... this one is harder, stronger.

On the vape, I was not initially blown away, but it grew on me over the course of the day. I'm not sure any mint juice can be that exciting but it is an individual enough flavour to make it enjoyable. I personally would have liked it a little sweeter, but I am a sweet-a-holic to be honest. The truth is, this one smelled a little nicer than it vapes so far.

Although most of my vaping is fruity and sweety flavours, in a sub-ohm config, when I first wake up in the morning, it's always a mint/menthol flavour I vape first, in a mouth-to-lung tank - always! .... think it's perhaps a sub-conscious thing - when I wake with a nic craving, I like a "ciggie" like experience to quell that craving. This flavour will definitely be my new 'wake up' vape juice for the time being (although I suspect I'll then default to LiQuid's Cherry Menthol for that duty).

If your a mint or menthol fan, then this is a must try, for only a quid. It has a quality taste and aroma to it. It's not harsh or eyewatering; just very 'minty' with a subtle but sweet after-taste.

Subjective score: 6.5/10
Objective score: 7/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom