What's new

Pioneer v1.5

For anyone on the fence because of the threading issues the original had - this is no longer a problem as the bottom of the tank doesn't have threads anymore :bliss:

:imwstupid

The chimney screws onto the deck as usual, but there is now a gasket on the base that the tank sits over.
Happy days :yahoo:

Just make sure the plastic part of the tank is screwed in properly ( firmly, not guerilla-grip tight ), because if it isn't you'll flood the deck due to the chimney not being fully down onto the base.

The twist & slide top-cap works as you'd expect. Just need to find the mark that shows where to push at...

Although, I will say that mine was a complete P.I.T.A to slide open for the first time. But once there was a bit of eliquid around there it became much, much easier to open.

And I don't really see any chance of this opening in your pocket at all, unless the cap isn't closed tight enough.

A 1/8th turn is enough to let it slide back, so guerilla-grip's required after refilling.

Last edited:
The V1 does not have threads either at the bottom of the tank :)

Lol. Having owned 3 ( with one sitting right in front of me ) you'd think I'd have remembered / known that.

Where did I get tank threads from then?

Maybe someone ( me? ) started 'crossthreading tank' chat in the v1 thread & it stuck in my head?

I did like Bruce vid mind you it seems like he cares about his product :clapping:

Yeah. I'm hoping for a semi-mech in the colour of the DLC / Black Pioneer for some matchy-matchy goodness.

Something like the Digiflavor S Tube, but with an 18500 option too.

The top of the plastic section has threads ;)

Yes, it does :)

Where did I get tank threads from then?

I think the reason I thought the bottom of the tank "had threads" is because I seem to somehow think that you can't crossthread metal ( which is nonsense ), and because of that ( and reviews always battering on about 'plastic onto metal is a bad idea due to crossthreading' ) my brain decided that " the chimney can't crossthread due to it & the deck being made of metal, so it must be the plastic tanks' fault..."

:weirdo:

I had the v1 and thought it was brilliant but get one bit of the wicking or coil positioning wrong and you can have juice in your mouth or on your trousers.

The 1.5 is spot on, easy to wick and the flavour is hard to beat with the normal chimney

I am Currently vaping tickle me Pink by chefs flavour 50/50 6mg and you get an excellent favour profile with good sharpness and sweetness. This atty is a keeper.

20220714_000700.jpg

Oh @82khali, I wish you wouldn't post stuff like this, you're almost tempting me to get another one, but I know I mustn't!

I had such a love hate relationship with the original it drove me half crazy.

The build quality was terrible. It was a nightmare to assemble. It cross treaded every build and I couldn't wick it for toffee, but it was by far the most flavourful atty I've ever used - I've never tasted anything better.

The problem was that it gurgled horribly with every build, flooded, leaked and never inspired confidence.

Some of it was me, but not all of it.

I loved the aesthetics of it, and was so sad to part with it.

I miss it terribly but I dread going through the same experience again, so really mustn't allow myself to succumb for my own sanity.

If it's genuinely fixed, then that's terrific, but I mustn't allow myself to believe it or I just know I'll be back in the same place.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours, and it looks great on the mod BTW.

Good luck with yours @rew. I hope it's as good as Khali is saying, but if it's remotely like the original, build slowly and assemble gently.

Back
Top Bottom