What's new

pneumonia vaccination ?

"Misfit"

Veteran
Collected my meds from chemist and there was a leaflet in with my repeat slip informing me
to book my Flu jab now.
We dont usually get informed til Sep/Oct, it also said there will be a Pneumonia jab available.
I havent seen the Pneumonia jab mentioned anywhere else, has anyone else got any more info ?

Collected my meds from chemist and there was a leaflet in with my repeat slip informing me
to book my Flu jab now.
We dont usually get informed til Sep/Oct, it also said there will be a Pneumonia jab available.
I havent seen the Pneumonia jab mentioned anywhere else, has anyone else got any more info ?

My wife works for the NHS and informs me its been available for a few years to the elderly, Sounds like they are possibly planning on rolling it out to more patients.

I had it in January. Criteria at that time was being 65 and I actually miss managed things to have my annual diabetic review that day :D:D
Bloody glad I did too, given what followed shortly thereafter.

high risk groups over 50 are offered it now. im on immuno suppresants so have no imune system and they wanted me to have it around 5 years ago. i get the flu jab every year but it does naff all for me as the infusion drugs i have every six weeks with booster methotrexate every week stop any injections working after the first few hours so im fekked even when they get a vacine for covid.

Back
Top Bottom