What's new

POTV National Vapemeet 2014

I'm in. Happy to help organise. Love the idea of having vendors there informally & able to bring some gear & promote wares. The best thing is that they will be there as members of the community, not just as vendors.
A big vaping love-in!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

great idea and kudos to yourself for trying

But a 660 mile round trip .....

Maybe not ..

My two pennorth, for what it's worth....

I'd hate to see the idea of 'Apefest' become an 'up yours to vapefest' and potentially a 'forum splitter' between those who wish to attend Vapefest and those who intend to boycott it... I have and will continue to keep my personal opinions on that subject to myself as I feel it would be counter productive to allow my fingers to do the talking right now... ;)

Apefest is a FANTASTIC idea, but I feel it should be made into a completely separate entity to Vapefest- as in not alternative to or additional to, just something that as a forum would be a fantastic idea and could potentially bring a lot of cyber friends together in one big PoTV vape meet. It has the potential to be a cracking weekender, and (she says, looking into her crystal ball!) potentially an annual event.

I also think that trying to emulate Vapefest in any way is just an impossible task- in terms of getting vendors there 'vending'- insurance etc has to be considered for a start... but having our Friendly-Ape vendors there to meet, chat to and get to know, whilst they tout their wares should they wish to, is a fab idea!

I'm not sure how much, if any, use I would be in terms of organising and helping, but I'd be willing to help if needed- if only in a 'keeping an eye on things during the night' capacity as I work nights and am a chronic insomniac... ;) Would also be willing to do other stuff if there was anything I had the time and ability to do... equally won't be in the slightest offended if I'm not needed! :)

road outside hostel.jpgAs the roads in that part of the world are pretty iffy for even large vans to negotiate,the idea of vendors taking orders would probably be best.

I'm in.
Where do I sign?

Not sure what I can do to help but if I know what needs doing I can certainly try.

I agree this should be its own thing rather than going head to head with Vapefest.
The whole reason I wanted to do Vapefest in the first place is to meet you guys in person (and to find out if @Merino Teflon is real or just a figment of my imagination :P)

OK Apes, the latest thinking on this is to have an event at Hawkeshead YHA as stated earlier, there are approx 106 beds inside plus room for camping plus of course B&B in the area. There is a conference room where we would like to invite any vendors who attend to setup a "Samples " stall, where you can see the mods etc, maybe taste the juices and then place orders with the vendor. we think this will allow us to dodge the Public Liability insurance for this year as it's fairly short notice and I personally have Zero experience of this kind of thing. If someone who's done it before wants to chip in and help arrange a full blown Marquee with proper stalls please do...

Costs are to follow but we're ballparking £25 for Bed and breakfast in the hostel, there is a bar, lounge area and anyone staying offsite can come in and mingle meet the vendors etc for free...

Personally, I'd keep the vending very informal. Vapers coming along and, if they happen to also be vendors, show us your tackle

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Is the kitchen big enough for Gonloopy and Liath to do bacon or sausage sarnies?

We need to keep the women folk happy. And we know how ratty they can be if they dont have enough room for cooking/making tea ect......

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Back
Top Bottom