What's new

RBA vs pre-built - Please explain

Shit. Now I want a Siegfried. Damn you @LordOdin

@Reti if you're looking at the ones with the metal rods they tend to be RDTAs, a kind of mix between an RTA and an RDA so the coil is at the top and you're getting the draw almost directly from it. The Profile RDTA is very, very good. I have never had an issue with it wicking at all. The flavour is very very good as well.

Another Mesh RTA to look at is the Hellvape Dead Rabbit M. It's similar to the Aromanizer in that I feel it works better at higher wattage flavour wise but is also very easy to wick in my opinion. My favourite is the Profile Unity but that can be a faff to wick properly sometimes for me.

The Wotofo Profile RDTA. Does it even wick nicely when the juice is low? Do you have to tip it sideways to make sure it wicks?
I think if I was going for an RDTA with the steel rods I'd look towards the Brunhilde 1o3 just for the way it looks. It's got good reviews too. Though it isn't mesh. I wish there was a Brunhilde mesh version. I'm not specifically looking for one with the metal rods though. Mainly just a dedicated mesh one I guess.

Just looked at the Vapefly Kriemhild. It's interesting in that you make your own insertable coils. A pack of cotton and mesh strips costs £5 and is enough for making 10 coils. Unlike a proper mesh RTA which has a coil in a half circle, the Kriemhild coil is a full circle like a stock mesh coil, but this one you make yourself. Not seen anything like that before where you make your own insertable coil. The coils look pretty chunky too.

And yeah, I'm really really leaning towards a Siegfried lol.

The Wotofo Profile RDTA. Does it even wick nicely when the juice is low? Do you have to tip it sideways to make sure it wicks?
I think if I was going for an RDTA with the steel rods I'd look towards the Brunhilde 1o3 just for the way it looks. It's got good reviews too. Though it isn't mesh. I wish there was a Brunhilde mesh version. I'm not specifically looking for one with the metal rods though. Mainly just a dedicated mesh one I guess.

Just looked at the Vapefly Kriemhild. It's interesting in that you make your own insertable coils. A pack of cotton and mesh strips costs £5 and is enough for making 10 coils. Unlike a proper mesh RTA which has a coil in a half circle, the Kriemhild coil is a full circle like a stock mesh coil, but this one you make yourself. Not seen anything like that before where you make your own insertable coil. The coils look pretty chunky too.

And yeah, I'm really really leaning towards a Siegfried lol.

I tend not to let my juice get too low anyway but I've never had to tip it to wick the rods. They just work. The only reason I don't tend to use my RDTA is because my vapes get knocked over a lot by the kids r the wife and I keep finding it on it's side in a puddle of juice.

I'm glad you mentioned the Siegfried! That's the one I've been looking at. It seems to be available in quite a few stores.

The Ponte XL is an odd looking thing isn't it. Looks like it works like the Brunhilde 1o3 with the steel ropes. I see the Wotofo Profile RDTA works like that too. When I first saw a tank with these steel ropes I just couldn't get my head around how they worked. Well, I knew how they worked theoretically. But I didn't believe that it would work. It's just madness lol. What about when the juice is 1/4 way from the bottom? Does it still manage to pull the juice up those rods?
A review I just read says the Wotofo profile RDTA struggles to keep up with the juice sometimes but the Exvape Expromizer does a better job of it.

Just watched a review on the Doom X. I like it. I like how there's no messing about with the cotton. Just snip and go like the Siegfried. But unlike the Siegfried it has the ceramic block at the bottom to push the cotton to the mesh.
Ok now I'm torn between the Doom X and the Siegfried. Obviously the Siegfried doesn't have the ceramic plate because it pulls juice up from the middle. Just need to consider how important that ceramic spring loaded plate is. GAH so many choices!

EDIT: Does a tank with the coil place at the top (like the ones with the steel ropes going down into the juice) provide a warmer vape? With the coil being at the top, is the vapour warm and does it significantly alter flavour intensity?

Generally coils up near the Drip Tip or top of the Tank tend to be warmer as vape has less distance to travel and cool down, don't really like warm drip tips though some do get very warm.

I like warm vapour. Kinda feels like there's more to it. More substance, if that makes sense. Well I've got til late next week to decide what I'm getting. I'll keep looking and watching reviews etc

Does the Wotofo Profile X RTA have a spring loaded plate in the middle? It takes mesh, single and dual coil. But I can't tell if the middle of the deck is spring loaded for the mesh? It kinda looks like it could do.
I like that it's 28mm. I'm looking for something bigger than 25mm but not ridiculous.

EDIT: It does apparently!! If the other Wotofo profile's are good, this should be too?

Last edited:
Does the Wotofo Profile X RTA have a spring loaded plate in the middle? It takes mesh, single and dual coil. But I can't tell if the middle of the deck is spring loaded for the mesh? It kinda looks like it could do.
I like that it's 28mm. I'm looking for something bigger than 25mm but not ridiculous.

EDIT: It does apparently!! If the other Wotofo profile's are good, this should be too?

Profiles all have the same spring loaded ceramic centre piece afaik. Not bothered buying the Profile X.

Meant to drop this ink in for wire @Reti

Was using them quite a lot before I went to mesh https://jagvaping.com/vaping/

Oh that's perfect!! Thanks so much man!

EDIT: I see in his notes he puts that the alien wire is the traditional one, not the one with the wavy outer.
That's what I'm looking for. A spool of multi-core alien wire (with the wavy outer).
Any idea where I could find that?

Last edited:
Oh that's perfect!! Thanks so much man!

EDIT: I see in his notes he puts that the alien wire is the traditional one, not the one with the wavy outer.
That's what I'm looking for. A spool of multi-core alien wire (with the wavy outer).
Any idea where I could find that?

Quick Google for 'alien wire spool uk' found this

https://www.electronic-cigarettes-e...ire/kanthal-a1-true-alien-wire-10-feet-spool/

Never used that shop or wire before so can't recommend them but might be fine.

Quick Google for 'alien wire spool uk' found this

https://www.electronic-cigarettes-e...ire/kanthal-a1-true-alien-wire-10-feet-spool/

Never used that shop or wire before so can't recommend them but might be fine.

Hate to be a killjoy here - but I've bought a few spools of Pirate coil Kanthal wires and they were pretty bad - one was literally soaked in machine oil and it still tasted nasty despite repeated cycles in my ultrasonic using hot water and detergent. i binned the wires.

That wrapping wire is way too thick for the cores - and triple 26 core Kanthal isn't for the bashful. it will need A LOT of power to make it work properly. I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom