What's new

How To Removing sticker residue of old bottles.

I believe that nail varnish remover (acetone) is also good and also lighter fluid (although that one might be just for chewing gum :D)

Lighter fluids great :P, it has thousands of uses.

Acetone I'm not too sure on, its melted my fucking ultra sonic cleaner. Don't ask long story which involved mental fatigue and a lacquered mod.

Ended up with a melted ultrasonic cleaner and a mod that still hit like a pillow [emoji23]

It's a bit expensive but a product called 'Zest-It' works like magic. I originally bought some to use with oil paints, but it has come in really handy for this type of thing also. A little goes a long way. I just add a bit to an 'every day value' kitchen sponge (the green scrubby side). Once the top of the sticker is off and I need to get that residual paper and glue off, it comes off in seconds with that stuff, just let it sink in to the paper a bit first. If you are lucky enough to have any lying around use that and make life easy.
On Amazon: Zest It : 250ml Oil Paint Dilutant and Brush Cleaner £9.12 a bottle.

It uses citrus oil and smells great too :-)

Soak in hot water and washing liquid usually works if not heat sink cleaner is great.

I use heavy duty tape not the clear stuff its grey in colour used for sticking much larger items even much heavier items its very strong but very cheap to buy as you can see I don't know its right name how I use it firstly I run the label sticker under hot water rubbing the top coating of then dry it of cut a 3 inch piece of your tape then stick it over the full label give it a good press and flatten it then quickly tear of repeat a few times and it leaves it totally smooth cheap quick and no mess.

Hot water and fairy liquid usually does the trick, also if you rub baby oil onto any left over bits they come straight off

Back
Top Bottom