What's new

Replacement for hastur mini ?

Leeren666

Achiever
Hi people, I haven’t been very active on here of late….life getting in the way, and the fact I am more than happy with my current set up. However, I have had a few issues recently….I have managed to break the glass on both my hastur mini’s and am now running on my last ones so before I break one off these I am considering alternatives, I normally run a 1.2 ohm kanthal coil in them and run at 8 watts and would like to keep that, I love the tight draw too but can’t help feeling that things must have moved on ? Is there a decent replacement out there at a good price ? What are your alternatives ?
Also I am looking at mods, I use a ehpro 101 and a vaporesso armour, cheap and cheerful is the motto here. I quite like the look of the aspire mixx but what else is out there ?
thanks in advance
Lee

My favorite mtl rtas are the pioneer, the sure and the neeko.
Any one of those will be an ideal replacement for your hastur mini.

As far as cheap decent mods, you can't really go wrong with the mixx it's by far my favorite sbs mod.

There was a sale on recently for the dovpo college dna60 sbs too, that was cheaper than a dna60 board on its own, I can't remember where so perhaps another ape can point you in the right direction. It's a handy mod with a very reliable chip.

First and foremost: awesome combo. Used exactly the same setup for a long time and loved it. Although I no longer have a mini, I still have two 101s. Always was and always will be one of my all time favs. Hard to beat as far as bang for buck goes. Instead of a Hastur mini, there is now a Kayfun Lite sat on it.

Think I’m going to go for an aspire mixx and Neeko combination from naturevape, for £40 seems reasonable to me.
Love my 101, I just seem to be dropping it a bit lately !

Good choice, the mixx and neeko are perfect for each other
20230214_075509.jpg

Thanks phrasing, I looked at the sure and the pioneer, the sure being a bottom fill put me off and the pioneer looked a bit complicated for my needs, I like the simplicity of the hastur mini so will be keeping it in rotation, unless of course the Neeko is a game changer then I may need to purchase another !

Lol as a long time fan of BP mods the pioneer will never leave my top spot, the way everything is beveled to make the chamber as reduced as possible makes the flavour unbeatable. I've got about 9 of them in all, including originals, v1.5 and the stock coil version.

The bottom fill on the sure also put me off at first but it's second nature to me now, I don't find it any more or less hassle than any other rta.
The thing about the sure that puts it in my top 3 is the ridiculously easy wicking.

The neeko is the newest addition to my top 3, I only considered it because it's from the same range as the mixx and the kumo (also Good btw)
It checks all the boxes, easy to build easy to wick between me and the missus we have 3 and counting.
The only minor nit pick I have is how difficult it is to strip down for cleaning, they are aware of the issue and the little silicone pads they provide are useless.

@Leeren666 I've got 3 silver hastur mini's unused if you're in the market, they have the optional airpin installed. If they came with a spare glass, it'll still be in the puck.

@Leeren666 I've got 3 silver hastur mini's unused if you're in the market, they have the optional airpin installed. If they came with a spare glass, it'll still be in the puck.

thanks for the offer John R but I’ll see how I get on with the Neeko etc, I will keep you in mind for mini’s.
Thanks again
Lee

I agree that the Neeko and Pioneer (v1.5) are great choices.

Back
Top Bottom