What's new

Replacement pyrex glass for Smok 0 Sub Plus Kit 80W

@freeflyer76 think these kits have only been out for a week or two.
now as your just in the process of giving up then if this kit was what was advised by the shop then they were wrong. mod (battery) is fine but not the tank. it looks like that is a sub ohm tank so best with 3 or at a max 6mg nicotine.

personally i would of suggested to get a mouth to lung tank (just like smoking) which a lot of us used to give up with. these tanks and coils can take much higher nicotine (average starter uses 18mg) and these tanks use much lower wattage.
the difficult thing now is everyone wants big clouds as it looks cool.

after a 35 year habit of 20-30 cigs a day i gave up overnight with this and 20 months later ive still not touched one cig.

full size nautilus £15.99 https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tanks-and-clearomisers/products/aspire-nautilus
5 coils £8.75 https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/coils/products/aspire-nautilus-bvc-coil?variant=3822222531
uses maximum 14watts with 1.6 or 1.8 coils. best with 50/50 mix juice but can take 70/30 but clogs up coils a little quicker.
i used 18mg for the first 3 weeks and then cut down to 12mg.

So will the aspire nautilus fit my device then? If so do you recommend I get that one instead of the one that came with my device?

The shop originally tried to sell me a pen type ecig (40W) but as this type of device didn't work last time I had a preference for a mod.

The shop also said that with the smaller lower wattage devices you use a higher nicotine juice. But for the higher power mods you use lower nicotine juices because it gives you more volume when you inhale.

I'm trying to look at it more positively, as in looking at the fags I haven't smoked (usually smoked 15 a day) not the ones I have smoked (2 in 5 days).

almost all mods have a 510 pin connection so any tank will fit it.

just because i have three 220watt mods doesnt mean im going to use that wattage. one i have at 60w, the other at 50w and the other at 17w
the power is there if you need it.
the lower watt mods are more for the beginner. my first mods were 30 and 40watt. the 30w has never gone above 14watts while the 40w ive had full on at 40w but most of the time its below 20w

you can still use 18/20/24mg nicotine on a 220w mod but with a mouth to lung tank like the nautilus the max to set it to is still 14watts. it just means the battery will last a lot longer before needing a charge.

if you think you can knock the cigs totally on the head while using your kit now with 3mg nicotine then stick with it and save your money but if you need higher nicotine then a mouth to lung tank is the way to go as using higher nicotine in a sub tank like you already have will kill your throat.

That's the thing, I am struggling with this device and 3mg juice. Keep feeling like having a fag but somehow I've managed to avoid it so far (other than the two I had) though I'm not sure how long I can carry on. I've been using my device between 35 & 40W even though like you say it is capable of 80W. That was all explained to me in the shop. I checked and they don't have the aspire in stock but there is another shop near me which has it on their website (doesn't say whether it's in stock or not) so I might go there tomorrow and buy the aspire if they have it. Might try the 6mg juice as well?

if your strugling then yes i think this will help. as i said 18mg is what i started with and i had no cravings what so ever.
youve got the option of 2 coils. 1.6 or 1.8 and to be honest i can tell any difference between them.
im still using my tank at 12watts with heisenburg in.
high street shops will always charge more. most ive seen it at is £23 while on my above link its £15.99 for the bigger tank or £1 cheaper for the mini.

here is the difference between the 2 tanks

IMG_20151224_201350.jpg

:2thumbsup: for the Nautilus suggestions! I'm a dtl sub-ohm vaper generally, but unfortunately I'm not mad keen on the house filling up with clouds so I use a Nauty when I'm indoors. I just use my usual 3mg juices in it but if I got a mad ciggy craving it's good to know I have a tank I can chuck higher nic juice in and vape the craving away without making myself ill hehe

How many cigs did you smoke per day @freeflyer76?
I had around 15-20 rollies per day so I went for the 18mg juice 15months ago as MrDj but after a month or so I cut it down to 12mg and at the moment I am on 6mg or less.
If you buy 1bottle of 18mg and 1bottle of 12mg juice you can try which one suits you better ;)
And 1more thing which helped me the most to avoid cigs is go for the tobacco flavour( if you haven't done that already)

Keep going and you will see the result ;)

How many cigs did you smoke per day @freeflyer76?
I had around 15-20 rollies per day so I went for the 18mg juice 15months ago as MrDj but after a month or so I cut it down to 12mg and at the moment I am on 6mg or less.
If you buy 1bottle of 18mg and 1bottle of 12mg juice you can try which one suits you better ;)
And 1more thing which helped me the most to avoid cigs is go for the tobacco flavour( if you haven't done that already)

Keep going and you will see the result ;)

I usually smoked about 15 Marlboro Gold a day. I have been trying to find an eliquid which I like, its hard to tell by testing a few samples in the shop. The first liquid (which I've almost used up) was Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey. It was ok to start with, but then I soon got a bit sick of it. Then I tried Element Frost (minty flavour), this seemed better to start with but I quickly got sick of that too. So I ordered Candy Punch by FAR and Glazed by Glas. The Glazed by Glas is a little like the Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey, so I am currently using the Candy Punch. All these liquids are 3mg. I dont know whether its physiological or just me, but I have found that all these liquids have a similar taste at some point, I wonder if its the nicotine ?

I am surprised that the tanks and atomisers etc can make such a big difference ? The tank is just a container for the eliquid and the atomizer is just a heating coil. So why is the Aspire Nautilus going to be so much different to the tank and atomiser that came with the Smok 0sub ? There are so many devices and parts available, Im just trying to understand how they can differ so much. I am hoping to get the Aspire today (if they have it in stock), but maybe the eliquds I currently have wont be suitable and I will need the 12mg or 18mg eliquids ?

Last edited:
Found a local shop that has both sizes in stock, so asked them to keep the larger size to one side for me

The Nautilus coil can be used between 9-14W so you never gonna use it at 40W. Lower Watt means you use much less juice as you use at the moment at 35-40Watt
I use the mini at 10-12W and that 2ml last me for a good half day so this is the difference between the Nautilus and your tanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom