What's new

Replacement pyrex glass for Smok 0 Sub Plus Kit 80W

I didnt buy the Aspire tank from the same shop I bought the mod. The shop I bought the mod from are out of stock of the Aspire tanks, so I got the tank from a different shop.

I also took my Smok mod with me and showed the shop, he didn't say it wouldnt work and in fact said the tank that came with the Smok was fine and just need to increase the eliquid to 6mg. I rang the shop back and told him the tank didnt work, he said that it sounds like the Smok isnt designed to work with the Aspire tank. I asked how I could confirm that and he said to google it, but ive not been able to find anything on google, maybe because the mod is so new ? He did say that the Smok OSUB I have is very good and everywhere is sold out. He also said I could have a refund on the tank.

yappycat, the specs you highlighted are for the Smok OSUB 40W, my device is the OSUB 80W. So like you I checked the specs for the 80W and it says the resistance can be up to 3 ohms. The Aspire is 1.6 ohms (with a spare 1.8 ohms), so therefore it should work and I dont understand why it doesnt ? Ill try again.

Oh your local vape shop is starting to make me sorely vexated! The 80w device looks as equally well equipped to handle a Nautilus tank as the 40w is - I'd be on the phone to the shop telling em next time you wanna buy summat you'll just google it rather than handing any more money over to them! :12:

yay, panic over.

the candy punch is 75vg so a little high.
glas is 60vg and fine.
they will both work in the tank but the higher vg will clog the coils up quicker than say a 50/50 mix. should still last a week or two though.

if 12mg is far too high then thats a good thing as i was on 18mg for over a month.
sickness and lighheaddedness is too much nic so drink plenty of water while your vaping.
its a learning curve really and it will take time what works out best for you. im still on 3mg after 20 months but a mod is in my hand from the moment i wake til i go to bed and i can get through 30-40ml a day.

@freeflyer76
uses maximum 14watts with 1.6 or 1.8 coils. best with 50/50Pg/Vg mix juice but can take 70/30Pg/Vg but clogs up coils a little quicker..

Those juices seem like a bit high on Vg and a bit expansive as well (for me at least).
I haven't tried anything above 50Vg/50Pg and that worked just fine

I glad to hear your set up works now :)

Tried again and its working now, I dont know why it wouldnt work before ? And now I am thinking 12mg is far too high ! Ive only had about 5 drags and that was more than enough (feel slightly sick). Would I be able to use the 3mg Candy Punch by FAR or the Glazed by Glas in the Aspire tank ?

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/far-eliquids/candy-punch-eliquid-by-far.html

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/glas-eliquid/glazed-by-glas-vapor.html

Yayyy! *sticks both middle fingers up at stupid unhelpful vape-shop-blokie and jeers*

What a palaver! But glad you've got it working :) Sounds like 12mg mouth to lung is a bit much for you so take MrDJ's advice - drop the nic level some and stay hydrated. How does the draw compare to your other tank though? Does it feel more like 'smoking', and are you noticing any difference in flavour etc? If you enjoy the vape you're getting from the Nautilus you might wanna stock up on spare coils because the juice you're using is high VG and sweet - that will lessen the life span of your coils even though you're vaping at lower wattages.

Tried again and its working now, I dont know why it wouldnt work before ? And now I am thinking 12mg is far too high ! Ive only had about 5 drags and that was more than enough (feel slightly sick). Would I be able to use the 3mg Candy Punch by FAR or the Glazed by Glas in the Aspire tank ?

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/far-eliquids/candy-punch-eliquid-by-far.html

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/glas-eliquid/glazed-by-glas-vapor.html
I'm not going to get into the tank/juice conversation here, but will say stick with the Osub. It's a lovely mod and my everyday vape.
Also with upgradable firmware, should last you a while.
I use wotofo rta's on it, and it performs like a beast, so further into your vaping journey, it will serve you well.

Hope you get on with your new set up, and stay off the stinkies!

I've put the Glazed by Glas (3mg) in the Aspire tank now. The 12mg was just far too strong and made me feel ill.

The difference with the Aspire tank is shocking! With the Smok tank I was inhaling as much as I could, holding it in, chain vaping and going though juice at a fast rate yet I still had a craving for a fag.

With the Aspire tank I only have about 5 drags and then I'm done, I can't do anymore than that and the craving for a fag is almost gone ! Sure the aspire tank isn't as compact or nice looking as the Smok tank and you don't get the big clouds, but it seems to stop the cravings which is the most important thing.

Should I consider getting a 3mg juice for the Aspire tank but keep using the Glazed juice until I get hold of some? My favourite was the Candy Punch but I took the advice on here to use the Glazed juice rather than the Candy Punch.

Thanks for everyone who has taken the time and effort to advise me, your support is greatly appreciated :)

I'm not going to get into the tank/juice conversation here, but will say stick with the Osub. It's a lovely mod and my everyday vape.
Also with upgradable firmware, should last you a while.
I use wotofo rta's on it, and it performs like a beast, so further into your vaping journey, it will serve you well.

Hope you get on with your new set up, and stay off the stinkies!

Have you tried to do a firmware upgrade on your mod? I tried yesterday and it said invalid device id or something like that.

Have you tried to do a firmware upgrade on your mod? I tried yesterday and it said invalid device id or something like that.
That's because the mod has only been out for just about 2 months.
There is no upgrade yet.

When they need to release one, they will mate.

Back
Top Bottom