What's new

Replacement pyrex glass for Smok 0 Sub Plus Kit 80W

I usually smoked about 15 Marlboro Gold a day. I have been trying to find an eliquid which I like, its hard to tell by testing a few samples in the shop. The first liquid (which I've almost used up) was Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey. It was ok to start with, but then I soon got a bit sick of it. Then I tried Element Frost (minty flavour), this seemed better to start with but I quickly got sick of that too. So I ordered Candy Punch by FAR and Glazed by Glas. The Glazed by Glas is a little like the Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey, so I am currently using the Candy Punch. All these liquids are 3mg. I dont know whether its physiological or just me, but I have found that all these liquids have a similar taste at some point, I wonder if its the nicotine ?

I am surprised that the tanks and atomisers etc can make such a big difference ? The tank is just a container for the eliquid and the atomizer is just a heating coil. So why is the Aspire Nautilus going to be so much different to the tank and atomiser that came with the Smok 0sub ? There are so many devices and parts available, Im just trying to understand how they can differ so much. I am hoping to get the Aspire today (if they have it in stock), but maybe the eliquds I currently have wont be suitable and I will need the 12mg or 18mg eliquids ?

It's not the nicotine, that has no flavour. The juices you're buying look like quite sweet flavours and this sweetness is achieved by using sweeteners - Ethyl Maltol is a sweetner commonly found in sweet juices - especially imported juices and too much of it has the effect of muting flavours, and in some cases can cause a temporary loss of taste altogether.
Won't get into the tank issue except to confirm that, yes - tanks and coils have a massive effect on how you taste the flavours, how much the nicotine level of the juice affects you, the battery power you use to fire them, and ofc how quickly the juice in the tank is consumed. It's confusing at first, but keep reading and asking questions and pretty soon you'll feel more comfortable with it :)

I am surprised that the tanks and atomisers etc can make such a big difference ? The tank is just a container for the eliquid and the atomizer is just a heating coil. So why is the Aspire Nautilus going to be so much different to the tank and atomiser that came with the Smok 0sub ? There are so many devices and parts available, Im just trying to understand how they can differ so much. I am hoping to get the Aspire today (if they have it in stock), but maybe the eliquds I currently have wont be suitable and I will need the 12mg or 18mg eliquids ?
its the coil inside that works all the magic out.
sub ohm tanks like you got with your kit will have lower ohm wire in it so for example 0.5, 0.25 while the nautilus only has higher ohm coils 1.6 and 1.8
the lower the number the higher the wattage can go.
the lower the number they are for direct to lung so take higher wattage and make bigger clouds.
the higher the number are for mouth to lung just like you used to smoke and use much lower wattage so you can use much higher nicotine strength to get you off the cigs without almost any cravings.
once your totally off the fags then you can go back to your other tank and use lower nicotine to make bigger clouds at higher wattage.

hope that makes sence as ive just woken up :D

i can also highly recommend some of the backy flavors from Manabush http://www.manabush.com/
their original range are 50/50 mix and great at lower wattage so perfect for the nautilus.

Can second the @manabush suggestion! I was put off by the idea of vaping baccy flavours but they're so much more than just baccy.
In my subohm Cleito tank vaping direct to lung (a bit like the tank you've been using on your 0Sub) the juices were way too much for me to vape for any length of time, lovely but too intense.
In my Nautilus fired at a far lower wattage and vaped mouth to lung those same juices are amazing, I can happily spend the whole evening chainvaping them in front of the tv and mebbe only use 2mls of juice in that time...if that :)

Well thats annoying, Im spending more money on vaping than I was on smoking :( I bought the Aspire Nautilus (5ml) and some 12mg eliquid, screwed the tank onto the Smok 0 sub, reduced the power to 14W (the shop also told me to do that) but I get an error message saying "ohms too high". I tried reducing the power even further and also looked at the various settings in case there was an option for higher ohm coils, I even tried increasing the resistance setting (it only goes up to 0.4 ohms) but I still get the same error message. It appears the Aspire does not work with the Smok 0 sub? So that was a waste of £30 unless I can get a refund. I feel like having a fag now :17: !

dalm sorry to hear that fella.
ive got 3 smok mods here and they all run the nautilus. 160w x cube 2, 220w H priv and 220w x cube ultra

thats the first mod that ive heard off that wont take the nautilus tank. so its limited to lower ohm which is very misleading and it sounds like they only want you to use their own tanks.
did you buy the tank from the same place you bought the mod. and did you take your mod with you when you bought the tank. if so they should of warned you it would not fire.
all i can say is sorry for suggesting it now as i dont think none of us knew about this as its such a new mod.

This is from the Smok osub description - does the bit I highlighted not tell you what resistance coils you can use on it (regardless of the make of tank)? Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm still a bit newbie myself but to me it looks as if the Nautilus should be fine :(
Screenshot_17.png

I didnt buy the Aspire tank from the same shop I bought the mod. The shop I bought the mod from are out of stock of the Aspire tanks, so I got the tank from a different shop.

I also took my Smok mod with me and showed the shop, he didn't say it wouldnt work and in fact said the tank that came with the Smok was fine and just need to increase the eliquid to 6mg. I rang the shop back and told him the tank didnt work, he said that it sounds like the Smok isnt designed to work with the Aspire tank. I asked how I could confirm that and he said to google it, but ive not been able to find anything on google, maybe because the mod is so new ? He did say that the Smok OSUB I have is very good and everywhere is sold out. He also said I could have a refund on the tank.

yappycat, the specs you highlighted are for the Smok OSUB 40W, my device is the OSUB 80W. So like you I checked the specs for the 80W and it says the resistance can be up to 3 ohms. The Aspire is 1.6 ohms (with a spare 1.8 ohms), so therefore it should work and I dont understand why it doesnt ? Ill try again.

Smok80W.png

nope, your quite correct there @yappycat so this mod should have no problem with the nautilus tank. i did think it was a bit strange.

@freeflyer76
so its something to do with settings. could it be in TC temperature control mode by any chance then that will defo not run this tank.
it needs to be set to wattage mode. dont ask me how as i have no idea how the menu is laid out on that mod.
or it just could be a dodgy coil. can you try the spare coil that came with the nautilus.

the 80w picture shows the same ohm 0.1 - 3ohm so the 1.6 and 1.8 should work fine.
is the coil screwed in fully in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom