What's new

Resistance And Temperature

It could be down to the ohms of the coil, SS is a bit of a bugger in TC if it's too low.

It's all just really confusing for me.

I don't know what people are experiencing when it's not 'working'

I think the confusion is why a lot of people dismiss TC as an avoidable faff but when done right it's a really good vape so in my mind worth persevering with.

I think the confusion is why a lot of people dismiss TC as an avoidable faff but when done right it's a really good vape so in my mind worth persevering with.

yeah, I think so.... but to be honest I don't really find it a faff. The only time I've had problems was when using a mod that basically didn't work in TC.

Everything I've used lately has been fine.

The wee Target Mini works surprisingly well for such a wee cheap mod, some others just blow goats... looking at you geekvape aegis.

It could be down to the ohms of the coil, SS is a bit of a bugger in TC if it's too low.
What would be the optimal resistance for SS in TC? I've not had a lot of success with coils around the 0.25-0.3 mark. Should I be building higher? Maybe 0.5?

What would be the optimal resistance for SS in TC? I've not had a lot of success with coils around the 0.25-0.3 mark. Should I be building higher? Maybe 0.5?

Mine are around 0.6 - 0.7 but that's just because that's what I use for wattage too, so I have no idea if that's optimal.

It's just my usual 2.5mm ID 28awg coil. I don't wind anything special for tc.

I seem to remember tubby mentioning 0.5-0.7, maybe you could find his thoughts with a judicious search, I spent quite a while following his thoughts on the topic but I forget the thread title now, it must have been a couple of years ago now when I started getting into TC.

If you are DTLing though with thicker wire then that could be a problem getting it that high.

@zouzounaki uses thinner wire than me and gets them to about 1ohm, which is pretty much impossible with my wire.

Back
Top Bottom