What's new

Resistance And Temperature

For MTL it'd prolly work well, bit fiddly though, it'd do my box in. LOL

View attachment 231489
Ok, thanks John, I was hoping to use it for dtl. Maybe 10 wraps twisted would be easier to work with and would come out at about .16 so should fire ok on a dna. I'll have a play later on and see if it's any good.

You could always try the fencing wire for DTL, see if the mod'll even read it.

Cheers, lads. I don't think SS and me get on. I just didn't take to it. No matter what I did, it was far too warm a vape for me. Gonna do a build on the Pioneer later, when I get in Give that a go. It is entirely possible that it's just that I'm not used to SS drip tips, like on the Artemis. Actually..... I might swap that for the plastic one that comes with it. Dunno....? Just thinking out aloud. Not given up on it.
Was it too warm in wattage mode, at 20 watts say?

The trick with SS is to find a wattage it vapes nice with in wattage mode, then swap to TC mode, use the very same wattage, and dial in the temperature to achieve the same vape.

The difference between the two modes comes into play when the cotton dries out, where the TC will reduce the wattage to prevent the dry hits you would get in wattage mode, or if you take long draws, where the TC will maintain the same temperature throughout rather than the vape getting hotter and hotter as it would in wattage mode.

As long as the mod does a good job of TC, that is.

Cheers, lads. I don't think SS and me get on. I just didn't take to it. No matter what I did, it was far too warm a vape for me. Gonna do a build on the Pioneer later, when I get in Give that a go. It is entirely possible that it's just that I'm not used to SS drip tips, like on the Artemis. Actually..... I might swap that for the plastic one that comes with it. Dunno....? Just thinking out aloud. Not given up on it.

just use the ss wire in power mode. that’s your best bet.

Last edited:
just use the ss wire in power mode. that’s your best bet.
This is your best set up
IMG_20201103_112417_148.jpg

spennystooge, how are you liking the 25w 400f vape? seems to be a bit cool for me. 30g ss316L, 5 loops, 2.5mm id. comes out to .82 ohms. firing at said wattage and temp with relaxed mode.

spennystooge, how are you liking the 25w 400f vape? seems to be a bit cool for me. 30g ss316L, 5 loops, 2.5mm id. comes out to .82 ohms. firing at said wattage and temp with relaxed mode.
Gonna do a wire order, next week. Piss about with different builds. All a part of the fun, mate.

Back
Top Bottom