What's new

Sad news - RIP TubbyEngineer

Very sad news. Puts the petty arguments on here into perspective
We only have a short live, so best to put it to best use helping others.
RIP

Sad to hear this, Steve was a great guy who will be sadly missed by us all. Thoughts are with his family.

It's quite hard to picture the forum without Tubby. Won't be the same.
Not that the forum is important compared to his life, of course. Poor Tubbs.

Just heard this dreadful news.

A sad day for POTV and the wider vaping community.

A great loss.

RIP Tubby

Sad news. Condolences to the family and RIP Tubby.

I wonder if his nearest and dearest have forum accesd, I'm sure it would be nice for them to know he was much appreciated and will be missed by our community.

Sad news. Condolences to the family and RIP Tubby.

I wonder if his nearest and dearest have forum accesd, I'm sure it would be nice for them to know he was much appreciated and will be missed by our community.
Somebody has been in touch with his sister but as you can imagine, they're trying to come to terms with their sad loss. I'm sure the feelings expressed here have/will be passed on.:(:(

What awful news. Being a newbie I never knew him but I can see how much he meant to everyone. Sad times. Condolences to his friends and family.

So, after a day to let the news sink in, I've been in contact with @city461 who has spoken to Steve's sister. Obviously, it's too early to discuss the family's arrangements, but she is happy to share those with us in due course.

If you didn't know, Steve came from Southport, and I hope that a few of us can get up there when the time is right.

Steve was absolutely devoted to caring for his elderly parents and given his long hours and travels through his work, he considered all of us as his friends. So as friends, I think it is only right that we remember our mate by sorting a whip round to organise a floral tribute.

Given the outpouring of memories and thoughts on what he meant to us all, whether you took advice from him, shared time in a pub, a field in Shrewsbury (or a room, ahem!) or a hostel in the Lakes, availed yourself of his extensive tool collection (how many tweezers can one man own!?), shared his love of the pie, or were just amazed at his ability to wear nowt but a T-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, I'm going to start the ball rolling.

Also, seeing the post above about letting his family know how much Steve meant to us has given me an idea. I'm going to print the thread off and put it into a card and send it on.

If you want to chuck in a couple of quid, I'm sure we can get a nice floral tribute, and any monies left over will be donated to either his family or the hospice that cared for his dad.

In the interests of transparency, I've cleared this with the bosses Hedley @junglist and Toby @OccultScientist

I'll start a new thread in case this one gets messy and I also wanted to keep it separate from the Sympathy card.

Much love to you all,

daz

Edit: the thread is now live https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/the-tubbyengineer-whip-round-thread.162056/

The Paypal pool for donations is at https://paypal.me/pools/c/84GD9QBh00

Cheers all

Last edited:
Awe... gutted to hear this...

A larger than life character who although didn't suffer idiots was SO helpful to all on potv… Had the pleasure to meet him at VF.

RIP Big man.

(Donation made)

cheers

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom