What's new

Sad news - RIP TubbyEngineer

I am gutted to hear this

Steve welcomed me at vapefest and gave me encouragement to make mods and show them on here.

we sat and chatted for ages he was a lovely guy so welcoming to this shy chap

"thankyou steve" I never had the chance to say that to you

Sad news indeed, I’ve read many of his posts and advice.
RIP Tubby engineer, I never met you, this thread is testament to the respect you have on here.

So, after a day to let the news sink in, I've been in contact with @city461 who has spoken to Steve's sister. Obviously, it's too early to discuss the family's arrangements, but she is happy to share those with us in due course.

If you didn't know, Steve came from Southport, and I hope that a few of us can get up there when the time is right.

Steve was absolutely devoted to caring for his elderly parents and given his long hours and travels through his work, he considered all of us as his friends. So as friends, I think it is only right that we remember our mate by sorting a whip round to organise a floral tribute.

Given the outpouring of memories and thoughts on what he meant to us all, whether you took advice from him, shared time in a pub, a field in Shrewsbury (or a room, ahem!) or a hostel in the Lakes, availed yourself of his extensive tool collection (how many tweezers can one man own!?), shared his love of the pie, or were just amazed at his ability to wear nowt but a T-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, I'm going to start the ball rolling.

Also, seeing the post above about letting his family know how much Steve meant to us has given me an idea. I'm going to print the thread off and put it into a card and send it on.

If you want to chuck in a couple of quid, I'm sure we can get a nice floral tribute, and any monies left over will be donated to either his family or the hospice that cared for his dad.

In the interests of transparency, I've cleared this with the bosses Hedley @junglist and Toby @OccultScientist

I'll start a new thread in case this one gets messy and I also wanted to keep it separate from the Sympathy card.

Much love to you all,

daz

Edit: the thread is now live https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/the-tubbyengineer-whip-round-thread.162056/

The Paypal pool for donations is at https://paypal.me/pools/c/84GD9QBh00

Cheers all

Thanks Daz for doing this. I didn’t meet him in person but it warms my heart that a sign of friendship will accompany him on his last journey. That’s a lovely thought and I’m sure his family will be (even in a small way) comforted by all those posts of appreciation.

This is such sad news which I've found quite upsetting, for months I've been posting just here and there on our forum this year mainly coz of the app kept logging me out, I did know of a member being ill but didn't know who it was until I just seen Ashley's post on Aldins fb group. To find out it's a member who I know and have meet on a number of occasions at Vapefest and Expo has deeply saddened me, Steve was a very interesting potv member a good laugh, knowledgeable and a wonderful kind man in person who I looked forward to meeting with the rest of us at our table in the Vapefest marquee, I'll be deffinantly raising a glass to him this year at Vapefest

Rest in Peace Tubby [emoji17]

RIP Tubby. Wish I'd got to know you better than a couple of posts about TC. You were obviously a legend!

Thoughts and best wishes to the friends and family of this clearly extraordinary man.

Hard to take that a week ago we were having a cold drink, sat in the sunshine, chatting shit, laughing & joking & enjoying a good vape. A true gent amongst men. A glass will be raised today & thoughts will be with your family & friends. RIP Steve [emoji22]

Back
Top Bottom