What's new

Should pods be standardised?

With all this talk around banning disposables I’ve been thinking about how we can try to make sure we avoid losing all the smokers who have been attracted away from cigarettes and towards vaping.

I’m not suggesting standardising the juices and coils in pods. I’m thinking about the shape of the tank and type of connection so that any pod will fit any brand of pod device in the same way phones now all have to use USB-C connectors.

In my view the disposable boom has mainly been driven by people who just want simple easy solutions and don’t have time to spend figuring out all the different vaping technicalities. Disposables are everywhere and so easy to find in every shop that has cigarettes on sale. My feeling is that if we could get to a situation where we made it equally as easy to find pods that come with a full tank of juice and a new coil no matter which shop selling cigarettes they happen to walk in to there would be less chance of losing those people back to smoking.

I’m only one individual vaper but I know there are several members on here who work in the vape industry so I’d be interested to know what you think about the pros and cons and if it is something manufacturers might consider.
No

Standardisation limits innovation

No

Standardisation limits innovation

i think cables have brought this idea into question.

but the thing with pods is a bit different. for the average smoker buying a pod device, they will buy it in a shop that will also sell the pods for it. there is really nothing hard or complicated.

i don’t think many people are so stupid thatbthe can’t buy a pod from the shop that sold them the vape and clip it on the top. otherwise self lighting fags would have been a thing before now.

i think cables have brought this idea into question.

but the thing with pods is a bit different. for the average smoker buying a pod device, they will buy it in a shop that will also sell the pods for it. there is really nothing hard or complicated.

i don’t think many people are so stupid thatbthe can’t buy a pod from the shop that sold them the vape and clip it on the top. otherwise self lighting fags would have been a thing before now.
I still believe that standardising cables wrecka innovation :) we have had the discussion before tho :)

Standardised pods means standardised shapes etc - i can see that limiting all sorts of things.

I still believe that standardising cables wrecka innovation :) we have had the discussion before tho :)

Standardised pods means standardised shapes etc - i can see that limiting all sorts of things.

aye, agreed on pods for sure. how far would it go, would boro devices need to be banned if you can’t fit the tanks onto rechargeable elf bars? absurd :)

I definitely dont think pods should be standardised. I get it, plug and play, purchase from anywhere. But imagine the standard was worse than youre used to.

Back
Top Bottom