What's new

Side effects of vaping...

Runny nose.
Don't know if this has already been mentioned. Certain liquids make my nose run. I don't have a cold or hayfever and the runny nose stops when I stop vaping. It's not only the menthol ones but also orange, aniseed and some fruity ones too. Anyone else gets the runs when vaping certain e-liquids?
I don't seem to get it from vaping coffee, chocolate or baccy liquids.

I don't exactly get the runs but am more regular than regular! Don't know if its the PG/VG, flavourings or maybe the method of nicotine intake? but I think menthol makes me fart! i love menthol so everyone "just deal with it"

Well I dont know if I am unusual but have been vaping 20 months now and still have those bumplike things on inside of mouth though use mouthwash every day. Also dry skin around nose and patches on face as well as tiny clutch of pimples on side of chin. Have had all this since I started vaping . Have tried different pg/vg mixes including 100% of vg but no change at all.Never the less I realise I have stopped smoking and will never smoke again so am still proud of myself. It would be good though if I could have clear skin again . Love this forum for all info here and btw shinyitis has overtaking my life :)

I also get a lot of sore like cuts and blister like things and bumps inside and around my mouth and lips, sometimes quite painful, am using lip balm all the time now as constant dryness around mouth and lips, and dry cracks on lips that won't heal even bleed when i open my mouth wide....but i have heard of these affects all before from vapers so not worrying at all. My more serious side affect of breathlessness that i got in first 3 weeks has long since passed as i no longer vape high pg.

I've had this deep dry crack across my lip for about 4 weeks now which bleeds sometimes and just won't heal up, every time i widen my mouth it splits apart again and bleeds..

Is there any metal on or near the mouth piece? I am sensitive to nickel. Too much contact and I get sore skin, only certain areas, like earrings, no problem with Jeans Buttons. I noticed really sore lips where my lips touch the metal top ring on my evod if I vape a lot. I am now careful not to touch my lips with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Phew, took me a while to read the whole thread.
I got the usual side effects. Quitters flu being the worst. I caught a "real" cold at the same time and felt very sorry for myself. I still have the cough. Up until 2 days ago I got coughing fits that made me feel like my lung wants to come out. And after having had children, it wasn't easy....mums know what I mean.
I had my last cough attack yesterday morning. That is dry hacking cough. I still cough, but bearable and not just dry and itchy and no more attacks.
Smell is getting better. I work in London. I am still not sure the improved smell is an entirely positive thing. London stinks and far too many people think regular showers and functional deodorant are entirely overrated.
Taste...hmmm...it comes back in bursts regarding food. Salt was first. Day 3 everything started tasting too salty. Then bitter came along, 2 days without coffee... Then both disappeared completely. Mostly because I started with the blocked nose thing. From one minute to the next, I couldn't eat hot food anymore and even "normal" food started tasting like it had an accident with chili. Its back to no taste whatsoever at the moment. I guess sour will be next....
Insomnia...first week I survived on a total of 2 hrs sleep. No one told me, that nicotine works better than a red bull. Why do they even bother with caffeine??
Thankfully its better now and I sleep just fine, not quite back to 8hrs yet but getting there. Switched to decaff as well.
Weight gain...I normally do intermittent fasting. Since stopping smoking I am permanently hungry, so much so, that I HAVE to eat. Of course I now put on weight. 1.5kg so far. I guess it takes a while for my hormones to get over the shock.
Craving for cigarettes...I have none. Nada. Shocking and not expected. I do want a cigarette sometimes. It hits me totally out of the blue at moments when I wouldn't even have wanted a cigarette when I was still smoking. But it is just the need for the throat hit. I can overcome this with a couple of vapes. That was my biggest surprise. I can stand next to a smoker, and not want his/her cigarette. No willpower required.
I am still on early days. Not feeling many benefits yet. But I am sure I get there soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Sense of smell being back is a blessing and a curse ... farted in the shower this morning and almost puked :(

Sense of smell has improved, and I'm thirsty so more water being taken on hoard wich is probably a good thing as I'm a bugger for not drinking

Back
Top Bottom