What's new

Smok Pozz X

nwhornet

Legend
Review is now up on the main page but if you don't want to click through you can read it here
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/smok-pos-x.html

Smok Pozz X

pozzx.jpg

Intro

To mark 10 years of ecig production Smok have released a new pod system called the Pozz X. A compact 1400mAh internal battery, removable pod & taking any of the RPM40 coils including the RPM RBA. This covers DTL & MTL & those who enjoy rebuilding. Boasting a wattage range of 5-40w does the Pozz X deliver?

IMG_20200603_194746 (2).jpg

In the box & specs

The Pozz X comes in a sleeved outer cover revealing a lidded box containing the pod mod, extra coil, USB cable & manual. It is a well packaged item, solid but easy enough to access. The image on the front shows the colour provided, in this case grey & 7 colours, & graphic representation of features & 10th Anniversary banner. On the rear is a contents list, various disclaimers & compliance marks. On the sides is the usual scratch & verify stickers & company details.

Features:

• Height: 97.3mm
  • Width: 33.6mm
  • Thickness: 22mm
  • Weight: 97g
  • Output Wattage: 5W - 40w
  • Battery Capacity: 1400mAh
  • Coil compatibility: RPM40 Coils
  • Pod E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml (4.5ml non TPD ver.)
  • Input Voltage: 3.3V - 4.2V
  • Output Voltage: 1V - 4V
  • Standby Current:<140uA
  • Load Resistance Range: 0.3 Ohm - 2.5 Ohm
Package:

1 x POZZ X Device
1 x POZZ X 2ml RPM Pod (RPM Mesh 0.4Ω coil pre-installed)
1 RPM Coil Pre-Installed
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual

5 clicks on fire button – On/lock On/Off/Clear Puff Counter menu

3 clicks on fire button allows power adjustment

IMG_20200603_195504.jpg

First impressions & setup

This feels like a well made pod mod with a fair bit of weight. The body is electroplated & oven baked paint finish that looks & feels very smooth without being over slippery. Front & back resin panels are a 4 layer composition for colour depth & hardness with a 0.96cm TFT colour screen that is easy to read even in sunlight. A fire button completes the front face & the USB is located on the bottom. The USB location is normally a negative but given the base is curved the pod cannot be stood up anyway it’s not a major issue. The pod itself is a smoked PCTG, resistant to most if not all tank cracking juice but transparent enough to view juice levels easily. Refilling is via a rubber/silicon plug situated on the side & the coils are a push fit. Mouthpiece is the fairly standard wide duck bill style that personally I don’t mind but know that other vapers don’t like.

In use

IMG_20200603_194846.jpg
IMG_20200603_194946.jpg

Once fully charged it was time to pop in some juice & start vaping. The pod comes fitted with a 0.4ohm mesh coil & a 0.6ohm triple coil is also supplied. Filling up is easy enough unless you’re using a fat tipped bottle, but thinner Gorilla style fit fine. Being transparent it’s easy to see the juice level & avoid overfilling. Once filled just refit the plug & let it sit for 5-10 min.
IMG_20200603_195055.jpg
IMG_20200603_195231.jpg

Before fitting the pod to the mod, the airflow will need adjusting as the airflow ring isn’t accessible once mounted. The pod is a simple push fit & is very secure. Perhaps a little too secure as it is a pain removing if you have wet/sweaty hands. This is due to it being a click fit as opposed to magnetic as seen on other systems. Five clicks on the fire button turns on (& off) the mod. The mod doesn’t auto sense the coil & set an advised wattage. 3 clicks on the fire button sets the wattage flashing & using the fire button you can step through the power levels in 1w increments. At 40w you have to press again on the fire button to start over from 5w. This can be a pain if you overrun & have to cycle through. The recommended wattage for the 0.4 & 0.6ohm coils is 25w so I started around 18w to prevent burning the cotton. After a few minutes soaking prior to firing I soon got up to the suggested 25w.

IMG_20200603_195318.jpg
IMG_20200603_195429.jpg

Using my adv, Butter 03 @3mg 70/30, it was a moist warm vape although slightly muted compared to the RTA’s I normally use. Still it was an enjoyable vape with no spit back & smooth. With 3 air slots either side & adjuster wide open it was definitely a cloud chucker. Popping the pod off & adjusting down I found the sweet spot for around 2/3rd open at 25w. Closing it any further & the power dropped kept it a nice vape & less cloudy. Opening it up fully I pushed the power up to around 35w before it felt on the verge of dry hitting. This sense of dry hitting was more evident as the juice level fell to the height of the wick holes in the coil head. Although the tank is see through you cannot see the bottom of the pod unless you remove it or tip it upside down to see whether there is any juice left in. Not a big issue as I soon got a feel of the juice level by how much I could see in the tip. Due to the way this pod fits in the hand I found it quite hard to accidently block the air slots unlike a couple of others I’ve tried. Given the 1400mAh capacity run time wasn’t terrible although running around 30w I got around 80 puffs at about 3 seconds each. One thing I did find was the battery meter would go from 1/3rd to no vape very quickly yet when plugged in to charge was still showing around 20%. Using a MTL coil would undoubtedly give you more run time, unfortunately none came with the kit to test this out. Whilst testing the 0.6ohm coil I tried shutting the airflow completely to se how restricted it was but can only describe it as restricted DTL. Obviously with a dedicated MTL coil the airflow will be further restricted but reckon that this would be a loose MTL not tight. Regarding the 0.6ohm coil I actually found this better flavour wise & less cloudy than the 0.4 coil especially around 27w fully open.

Pros/cons

To round up this review I will highlight a couple of niggles first. One is the pod isn’t the easiest to remove due to being a tight click fit. Next issue is the pod missing reading the resistance. On the 0.4 coil the mod was showing 0.47ohm (more than 10%) & the 0.6ohm coil at 0.67. Not a big problem given there’s no autoset but quite a way out for stock coils. Unfortunately, the RBA head I ordered failed to materialise so haven’t been able to see if it’s just a variance in stock coil quality or the mod section. Last gripe is the air flow can only be adjusted with the pod off but once set it stayed locked despite the control ring being fairly loose. Whilst this is a pocket friendly pod I wouldn’t put it in a shirt/top pocket due to it’s weight & likelihood of falling out if bending over.

On the plus side this is the first pod system that hasn’t leaked into the mod. This is a big plus as every other pod system I have used to date has leaked/weeped or had condensation issues. It’s comfortable in the hand with a nice weight for such a small pod not much taller than a 18650 cell. I’ve had it carried in a pocket with no issues & no scuff marks from change. The fire button is nice & positive with a welcoming click & no rattle. Menu system is basic but easy to use other than having to cycle through if you overshoot when setting power.

pozzx2.jpg

Roundup

Both the supplied coils have handled 70/30 juice with no wicking issues so it means I can carry this around with my favourite juices & leave a bigger set up at home. I’ve enjoyed it that much I ordered extra pods, coils & the RBA head as I intend to use this as a work carry once lockdown is over. This available in the UK at around £30-35 but will be the 2ml TPD compliant version. I would suggest sourcing extra pods from overseas to give you the greater capacity.

Many thanks to Vapesourcing for supplying the Smok Pozz kit for review.

Hey

Thanks for sharing the review. Very informative.

Not for me as im more mtl or very restricted dtl and im not a fan of smok but it does sound decent!

Dee

Hey

Thanks for sharing the review. Very informative.

Not for me as im more mtl or very restricted dtl and im not a fan of smok but it does sound decent!

Dee
Thanks @DeeDee to get a nod from the pod queen means I must have done something right :D
Difficult to tell how it would vape given the 2 supplied coils were DTL & the airflow never shuts airflow down enough, The Drag X (coming soon) can be closed down even with a 0.3ohm coil so seems more restricted.

Thanks @DeeDee to get a nod from the pod queen means I must have done something right :D
Difficult to tell how it would vape given the 2 supplied coils were DTL & the airflow never shuts airflow down enough, The Drag X (coming soon) can be closed down even with a 0.3ohm coil so seems more restricted.
Haha

Yeah the AF on the drag is good, just writing up my review on the Drag S now

Back
Top Bottom