What's new

smoking stalled

friday december 15 2023
INVESTIGATION
Tobacco giants linked to attacks on World Health Organisation
So more mud slinging.. and possibly less sticky...
i.e. the WHO should be absolutely ashamed of itself, Bloomberg et al..
.. and We Vape UK are calling for the “government to back vaping on an international stage and protect the NHS’s pro vaping stance against outside influence".. doesn't mean that's a bad thing, cos they have "previously taken tobacco funding"...

this has happened in spite of, not because of, the tobacco industry. they are only doing this because they know tobacco is on it’s road out and they are trying to set themselves up with something else addictive to monopolise. so imo it is not good.
So objectives are good.. but reasons bad...
I'd tend to agree with that...

no. their objective is to corner a market, shape it to suit their ends and create a monopoly that continues to make them large amounts of money, most likely to the detriment of the community of people that consume the product. not good.

it’s interesting that the times are choosing to publish reports on these organisations just right now. this stuff has been out there for a while and discussed here before also. the timing obvs suits their agenda somehow.

no. their objective is to corner a market, shape it to suit their ends and create a monopoly that continues to make them large amounts of money, most likely to the detriment of the community of people that consume the product. not good.
Yes, I agree with that; except that you misunderstood what I was referring to by 'objective', as in a supposed aspiration to move away from selling combustibles...

Sooooooo

My post to ban everything was pretty well spot on

I delivered tonight 100 fags to an old lady, when I said every thought of vaping to quit (she looked like death coughing and barking) she said

“Those things will kill you popcorn lung”

well done the media well done boys.

Sooooooo

My post to ban everything was pretty well spot on

I delivered tonight 100 fags to an old lady, when I said every thought of vaping to quit (she looked like death coughing and barking) she said

“Those things will kill you popcorn lung”

well done the media well done boys.

it is a thing. i’ve never heard anyone mention popcorn lung in real life until earlier this year, when a couple of women who work in my building were outside smoking and mentioned it, as one of the reasons they would never start vaping. took me by surprise.

now the times are on to the fake astroturf big fag sponsored vape freedom campaigners.

if i was of a paranoid inclination i might be starting to think we’ve been had.

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but notice that none of the articles linked in this thread show or mention funding going the other way in the form of anti-vaping campaigns -
To be sure, there is lots of undisclosed funding influencing the public discussion about vaping, but it’s not coming from the industry. Alongside Bloomberg Philanthropies, The Gates and Robert Wood Johnson Foundations (RWJF) contribute many millions of dollars to anti-vaping advocacy. The money filters out from these three foundations to an army of academics, NGOs, lobbyists, PR firms, lawyers, front groups and even journalists.

Anti-Vaping-Campaign-Network-Updated.png

Essentially there is a war of propaganda going on out there...
.. but I happen to believe in the pro-vaping propaganda...

Back
Top Bottom