What's new

So Excited - DIY stuff just delivered :)

blacklily

Postman
Hi all,

Am so excited all my DIY stuff delivered today (great service from Chefs Vapour and Just Vape 24/7, only ordered yesterday morning!).

So tonight will be making up my first ever juices :)

I got CV starter kit with The Donut King, M&P's Cappasnack, FA Cornish Cream Tea, MBV Cinnamon Roll and FW Beetle Juice (plus some extra syringes, gloves and bottles).

Any tips on flavour percentage for above? I am making 60/40 VG/PG at 9mg. I am making them all on their own and was going to add 20% flavour, I like a strong flavour.

Is there anything there that would be good to go? How long do you recommend steeping each for? I was thinking 3-4 days for beetle juice, a week for Cornish cream tea and two weeks for the rest.

I have some onepoundeliquid to get me through the next week or so :)

Hi @blacklilly welcome to the diy party
Anything FA you would be best to mix at 6-7%, I know this sounds low but these concentrates are very strong.
I don't know much about the others you have but I'm sure someone else can help you there.
Good luck

Sent from my barely visible iPhone

Hi @blacklilly welcome to the diy party
Anything FA you would be best to mix at 6-7%, I know this sounds low but these concentrates are very strong.
I don't know much about the others you have but I'm sure someone else can help you there.
Good luck

Sent from my barely visible iPhone

Thank for the tip jerseyvaper, will make up my Cornish cream tea at 6% to start, means will get more bang for my buck :)

Hi blacklily
I'm fairly new to diy juices myself but am currently trying the following.
I'm sure more experienced mixers will correct me if I'm wrong (and it wouldn't surprise me)
I've been making 5ml samples in 10ml bottles, 2 at a time.
One at 5% and one at 15% so half full in each.
I then vape both and see what is better.
If either is excellent then the other gets thrown and I mix at that % from then on.
If neither is better than the other then I'll tip one 5ml into the other which will give me a 10% mix then try that.
This gives you the opportunity to try 3 different %'s for very little waste.
Give it a go
Mark.

Hi @blacklily
I'm fairly new to diy juices myself but am currently trying the following.
I'm sure more experienced mixers will correct me if I'm wrong (and it wouldn't surprise me)
I've been making 5ml samples in 10ml bottles, 2 at a time.
One at 5% and one at 15% so half full in each.
I then vape both and see what is better.
If either is excellent then the other gets thrown and I mix at that % from then on.
If neither is better than the other then I'll tip one 5ml into the other which will give me a 10% mix then try that.
This gives you the opportunity to try 3 different %'s for very little waste.
Give it a go
Mark.

Great idea, cheers onlymeee I will try that tonight :) Do you try straight away or let steep first?

Great idea, cheers onlymeee I will try that tonight :) Do you try straight away or let steep first?

No worries blacklily
Let us know how you get on!
As for steeping, patience is not my strong point
I've heard it said a lot that fruit flavours are usually good to go straight away and sweet juices like custards need putting in a dark warm place for a while (1-2 weeks)
As long as it's not "horrid" then I just vape away but if not great then I do the above and hope

Made them all up on Saturday, they all smell lovely which is a good start. Haven't tried any yet, they are steeping in the cupboard and have been shaking them every day.

See how long I can hold out for, they are already looking darker :)

Ok, so I mixed up Beetle Juice by FW at 15% 60/40 VG/PG and shook and kept in dark cupboard for 2 days, decided to try this morning as it's a fruit flavour and I have limited patience :)

It had a nice smell and a nice fruity flavour with good vapour. The flavour is a bit too mild for me, so tonight am going to add an extra 0.5ml in and give it a good shake and test again in a couple of days.

My other juices are looking good, darkening nicely. Will have steeped a week next Saturday not sure if I will have patience to wait any longer than that.

I caved :) Tried the Cornish Cream Tea (10%) and Cappasnack (20%) yesterday. The Cornish Cream Tea is nice, a mild sweet taste on the inhale and a nice buttery scone taste on the exhale. Am going to steep a little longer and see if the sweet taste turns in to more of a strawberry jam flavour.

The cappasnack, am not sure about this at all. There is a mild flavour there, maybe a coffee/choc/vanilla, not overly sweet. Am going to steep some more.

This morning tried the cinnamon roll (20%) and it's nice, cinnamon not too harsh and you get a nice sweet bread flavour. I have a tank full for today but am going to steep the rest a little more.

Back
Top Bottom