What's new

Some of our favourite recipes.

@ch02 I made that recipe above but I didn’t like the jam as it tasted a bit floral and artificial to me but I’m not sure if it was the VTA Raspberry Jam, the FLV Jammy Berry or even the WF Saskatoon Berry that did it. I need to single flavour test them to find out the culprit. Otherwise it’s a great recipe so I might try replacing the flavour that’s causing my problem once I find out which one it is.

I don't get any floral notes at all - if there had been any it would've gone straight down the sink - I can't get away with anything like that. A mate vapes Monsoon (FA) all the time, but to me, that tastes like I'm chewing flowers with a bit of fruit thrown in. How long did you let it steep as I've seen mentioned with certain flavours you can get a floral note that calms down after a while?

Doubt it's the vta raspberry jam, I use that quite a lot and have never got anything floral from it, floral is a bug bear of mine, in flavours that arent supposed to be floral. Hmm, just read this on the flavour notes on elr, maybe this is you :hmm: "sooooooooo damn floral to me but wife loves it. I'm broken"
Nope that’s not me but I read it too. Maybe it’s just a few of us that get that off note because we are sensitive to something in it.

I don't get any floral notes at all - if there had been any it would've gone straight down the sink - I can't get away with anything like that. A mate vapes Monsoon (FA) all the time, but to me, that tastes like I'm chewing flowers with a bit of fruit thrown in. How long did you let it steep as I've seen mentioned with certain flavours you can get a floral note that calms down after a while?
I let it steep for at least a month or more as I do with all of my mixes. It must be one of the other two and I’m leaning towards the FLV Jammy Berry but I won’t know for sure until I test them.

I saw this on ELR in the Notes section about the Jammy Berry concentrate:

upload_2022-11-15_23-34-6.png

Maybe they get a slight floral note, who knows?
The only thing that's for sure is they don't have your taste buds, so - as you say - try mixing a bit of Jammy Berry and maybe a bit of Saskatoon Berry separately and go from there?
I've no idea about a replacement, I tend to mix other peoples' creations and not try to come up with my own - a lack of patience / imagination etc. Hope you work it out.

, I tend to mix other peoples' creations and not try to come up with my own - a lack of patience / imagination etc. Hope you work it out
I don’t normally make substitutions in other people’s recipes but I really liked this one all except for that off note that I get so I will make the exception this time. Nevans himself has advised others of different substitutions in his own recipes.

Back
Top Bottom