What's new

Spica Pro by Sirius Mods

That's a damn good price! I have an original and have used it every day since I got it, if you like a tight draw and don't mind a tall tank it is the bee's knees!!

Done a bit of mixing and matching of parts between the no-name clone and the coppervape one. Now I have a completely working clone resplendent with working and fully aligned JFC and functional AFC where the ring actually works to adjust the draw. Indistinguishable from the authentic in everything but price. Happy days.

View attachment 218125

Thanks for this. Could you please advise what parts did change on the coppervape to get this completely working clone ? Did you use the noname from FT ?

Yes, I swapped out the deck from the no-name onto the upper part from the coppervape one.

Yes, I swapped out the deck from the no-name onto the upper part from the coppervape one.

Thank you ! The no name is not that expensive and adds spares anyway.

I saw recently a new YFTK Spica on an Italian website, anyone have info about it ?

Well my CV clone from FT finally arrived after 4 weeks & with a 3mm coil the draw is just a little bit too tight for my liking.

This is with the airflow fully open & the 7-hole airpin.

Throat hit & flavour are spot on though as you'd expect, so I'll try a 2.5mm or 2mm coil and see if I prefer the draw.

Well my CV clone from FT finally arrived after 4 weeks & with a 3mm coil the draw is just a little bit too tight for my liking.

This is with the airflow fully open & the 7-hole airpin.

Throat hit & flavour are spot on though as you'd expect, so I'll try a 2.5mm or 2mm coil and see if I prefer the draw.

I always use a 2.5mm ID coil, and I think most people do.

I'll start with a 2mm coil, so if I still find the draw too tight I'll know not to bother trying anything else.

Tried the 2mm coil & it's still too tight for my liking.

Oh well, onto the Tripod clone next and then the Berserker v2 when it's released.

I always use a 2.5mm ID coil, and I think most people do.
If I use 3mm in a mtl tank I end up with a dark spot in the middle of the coil where the ariflow hits. A good sign the coils too large and not being evenly cooled by the incoming airflow.

Back
Top Bottom