What's new

SS Mesh and Kanthal prices

Is mesh mesh? Is wire wire? short answer no...

I didn't know themeshcompany did kanthal, although they seem to be out of stock so it doesn't matter how cheap it is hehe. I've not tried their wire but I'm sure it's great as I'm sure their mesh is.

Our mesh differs slightly perhaps in that it is twill weave. The guys at the factory were fairly sure that it was more suited to our application as a wicking material. What kind of weave other mesh is I couldn't tell you and it's pretty much impossible to see with the naked eye. Maybe someone has a microscope or a camera with a powerful macro lens that could find out.

Ok, feedback received I've put the mesh on special this weekend if it sells well I'll keep it like that.

Our kanthal and nichrome are softened by being annealed, another extra expense and we package our wire on fuse wire style cards. Spools are incoming, next week sometime for those that buy wire in lengths greater than 5m and you'll see bulk discounts for those reels along the lines of 3+ £2.25, 5+ £2.00

There's always going to be somewhere cheaper, and we're not out to be the cheapest. But we are aiming to be the best place online to buy any rebuildable supplies which means offering the widest range and getting it to you quick smart.

To give you a heads up we've got .17mm, .27mm, .28mm and .30mm kanthal A1 in production along with 2 kanthal like alloys that have been produced to withstand much greater temperatures than kanthal or nichrome and have no resistance wire on order too as there have been lots of requests for that lately.

That along with 2.5mm and 3.5mm silica wick on the way makes us rebuildable supplies ass kickers so buy our wares, feed your Stealthvape to make it stronger and it will serve you for years to come :D

p.s. I'm working on ceramic tube wicks too

http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/rebuildable-supplies

Thankyou as this the question I did ads earlier is wire wire and mesh mesh. As with most hobbies things are different like with marine fish products :-), maybe you could send some and I can compare the two as a independent view :D.

On a serious note many thanks for tho input on this as it will help new vapers like myself.

On the ceramic wicks do.you know.heat sizes you will be doing or will.you advise which wicks will fit each atty
Carl

Ps sorry for any spelling mistakes Damn predictive on the phone

Last edited:
Thankyou as this the question I did ads earlier is wire wire and mesh mesh. As with most hobbies things are different like with marine fish products :-), maybe you could send some and I can compare the two as a independent view :D.

On a serious note many thanks for tho input on this as it will help new vapers like myself.

Carl

Ps sorry for any spelling mistakes Damn predictive on the phone

Always happy to include samples Carl, just add a note at checkout ;) edit: I should qualify that as samples of rebuildable supplies as I got asked for all sorts last time I said that hehe

Always happy to include samples Carl, just add a note at checkout ;)

:D sorry you replied as I edited just noticed the ceramic wick post on your reply, will these be coming in various sizes, these certainly are of interest

Carl

:D sorry you replied as I edited just noticed the ceramic wick post on your reply, will these be coming in various sizes, these certainly are of interest

Carl

At the moment just so I can get samples out of them I have to pay an extortionate fee to get a mold made so I'm looking at 2.4mm x 50mm first. This seems a reasonable starting point as it will cater for 2.5-3mm wick hole attys as some folk like their wick tight and some up to half a mm loose. It's not too much trouble to drill out a wick hole a few 10ths of a mm for those that can't accommodate it's girth :) If we find that the material is suitable we'll have a first batch made and see how well they sell. All being well we may well then have other sizes produced but it really depends on how well they work and are received.

Of course they'll be very expensive ;)

If they work mate ... IMO they will change the face and sales of genesis attys

Mmm it's an expensive if. But someone has to have a crack ;) I don't seem to have the time for making mods these days but testing out new space age materials for attys I'm like a rat up a drain pipe lmao

Last edited:
Bugger, ordered some cut mesh last night. Will have to put an order in with you soon. Hope the ceramic wicks work out as I think a lot more people would start getting in to genies. Have yet to get into them myself but being ceramic less chance of a short :)

What about volcanic rock, the sort you get on gas fireplaces? Don't know what sort of nasties they have in them or if they would wick. Just a thought.

What about volcanic rock, the sort you get on gas fireplaces? Don't know what sort of nasties they have in them or if they would wick. Just a thought.
Once the rocks have been heated and cooled a few times they go very dusty and it's not very good for you bad idea mate I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom