What's new

SS316 vs SS316L

@Simon G TC was the main reason i bought SS316, i don't fancy using Nichrome for some reason.

Yeah, 316 works well for TC. I use it for everything now. I can't be bothered messing around with all different types of wire and that does everything well for me.

Most of the things associated with SS316 and the rest won't be applicable if your just using it to make coils, i mean how long are you gonna keep the same coil. not till it corrodes i would think.
6 months is early for me to change out a coil. Even then, I don't think I've ever actually burnt out a coil. I'm sure you will find, at least one member here, with coils that are over 12 months old. It's also worth remembering that some tanks could sit for some time, without use. Even empty and clean, they will be subject to corrosion.

Yeah, 316 works well for TC. I use it for everything now. I can't be bothered messing around with all different types of wire and that does everything well for me.
Tee Hee. The same as me. Ignoring mechs.

Has anyone used both SS316 and SS316L and was there any difference you noticed in their use?

It's just different types of steel, designed for different applications.

They all contain different % of metals, which will make them, softer, harder, more brittle, less susceptible to corrosion, more suitable for high temp/in water/ applications etc. It's not about 'quality' as such because it depends what properties you need in something made of steel.
i have a question to ask tho...can i use ss316L in ss316 Tc setting?my Grus mod only have ss316 tc setting

i have a question to ask tho...can i use ss316L in ss316 Tc setting?my Grus mod only have ss316 tc setting

yeah you can, all it might mean is that the temprature that you have the mod set at might not be as accurate, but it won't stop it functioning. .. just adjust as necessary.

Very little difference in the TCR values between SS316 and SS316L, should work fine.

The first question i asked the first time i turned on a dna mod was is 316 the same as 316l, because it only comes with a 316 profile.

Second question, how do u change it, u cant, it the one setting u need to plug it into the computer program thing. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom