What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Hi just got 3ml one of these really like the ease of build etc have done a couple of builds in it , some claptons and triple twisted 28g vertical coils but just not getting that flavour everyone's talking about . Not using too much cotton and it's just touching the deck as suggested in previous posts so dunno ....

Hi just got 3ml one of these really like the ease of build etc have done a couple of builds in it , some claptons and triple twisted 28g vertical coils but just not getting that flavour everyone's talking about . Not using too much cotton and it's just touching the deck as suggested in previous posts so dunno ....

I've found that how you have the airflow setup can really change the flavour. If you're using the vape band with x2 holes make sure they are lined up with your coils.

Hi Clownstyle have tried all the airflow options even twisted the deck a bit too but flavour just not popping for me at mo using Shadowjuice Bomoya which has tons of flavour usually . Maybe I'm expecting too much it's still ok just not what I expected .

Hi Clownstyle have tried all the airflow options even twisted the deck a bit too but flavour just not popping for me at mo using Shadowjuice Bomoya which has tons of flavour usually . Maybe I'm expecting too much it's still ok just not what I expected .
I don't think many people would promote the RDTA as a "flavour tank" per se. Or at least they would recognise that there are better flavour tanks out there. I think it produces good flavour but flavour wouldn't make the top three of its main selling points, for me at least.

I'd have to agree @MrNumpty. I do like the rdta and have enjoyed trying different builds but I find my crown and goblin mini give better flavour imo. I'd rate the rdta with possibly the billow v2 for flavour. I still find my best for flavour following a tank of juice to be the Arctic tank by horizon. Each to there own I guess. Personally I have also found the rdta to be inconsistent with builds and builds don't seem to last that long before requiring rewick/recoil. Which isn't a problem to me but I do find it high maintenance, maybe just me lol

Suppose it depends whether you want to shell out on prebuilt coils, personally I wouldn't and I like the tinkering.
I was using a freemax starre before I got my rdta's and found them a good improvement.
Haven't tried many of the latest tanks like the crown but refuse to shell out on coils lol.

Suppose it depends whether you want to shell out on prebuilt coils, personally I wouldn't and I like the tinkering.
I was using a freemax starre before I got my rdta's and found them a good improvement.
Haven't tried many of the latest tanks like the crown but refuse to shell out on coils lol.
Yeah I know what your saying, soon gets expensive, there is a rba coilhead for the crown so can be rebuilt but it is sold separately. Something I think I will get.

i'm the same regards to flavour picked mine up yest as the ipv d2 arrived and my crius didn't so picked up the rbta from my local b&m "the nobaconist" it is a lovely built tank and looks great on the mod but just no flavour, same as most i got 2 vertical claptons 3mm id 0.4 ohm wicking a dream and massive thick clouds of air is strange and is also a very cool vape even at high watts,i consider 50w high anyway oh well if the crius the same i guess the journey goes on :51:

Got my mucky paws on my rdta to test drive it lol (supposed to be for christmas).
Earlier this week I set about trying to make some claptons in a quiet moment in work... 2x0.2mm twisted core I tried straight it just wasn't happening. Then claptoned with 0.2mm (I got alot of 0.2mm kanthal free wire from stealthvape).. Anyway the results ain't pretty but work bloody fantastic... Came out at 0.3 ohms... Don't laugh at the outcome you been warned. It is my first effort at anything other than plain/straight wire.. Here goes

IMG_20151213_175640.jpg

Been using titanium for quite a few months and find kanthal tastes funky now. Probably just me

Fuck it... I knew it was too good to be true. mine must have got a leak somewhere. my tank went from full to the brim to nothing in 2 hours.. This not going to work with me. Lucky I'm home brewing o_O

Back
Top Bottom