What's new

Sub ohm nic strength?

Tony

Postman
So I've taken the plunge and after 5 years I've delved into the world of sub ohming. At the moment I'm using my Sons OBS Cheetah RDA. For years I've been using 12mg homemade liquid. However, whist it's fine at 1.5ohms and 11.5 watts, it really makes me cough and splutter with 0.5ohms and 25 watts.

Made some up at 3mg and now the sub ohm/watt combination is really good. So good in fact I can't stop vaping with this RDA.

Is it normal for people to substantially reduce nic strength when sub ohming or is it just me being a woosie? Either way I'm not too bothered as it's exceptionally satisfying.

It's normal coz most like to keep their throat intact.
You will find coils with a lower resistance get hotter so produce more vape and more vape you take in the more nicotine you consume, on saying that I do know the odd person that can vape 12mg in a dripper but normally you would reduce nicotine strength with a lower resistance coil.

3 or 6 would be the "norm" for sub ohm imo, personally use 3, with sub ohm your getting a bigger amount, so its often required to drop the strength

Yes, it is normal to reduce nicotine subohm
My little sister uses 24mg of nic with a 1.8ohm coil at 13w to get her nicotine addiction satisfied.
I subohm with a 0.12 ohm coil between 140-160w.. in 2-3 DL pulls I get my nic fix with only 2.5mgs of nicotine..lol

When i sub ohm i use 6mg, However when i use my nautilus mini i use anything from 12 to 18.
If using stronger than 6mg for sub ohm is just Harsh as hell

First time I used a sub ohm coil in a tank loaded it with 18mg nic. Didn't finish the tank off [emoji16]

I've just got the Ijoy Exo XL, vaping at 150 watts and even 3mg is too much.

Great, thanks chaps. I thought it was just me being a bit of a Nancy. I chain vape my Rose V2 which is why I cut down from 18 to 12 so I didn't OD on nic, I tried that in the dripper and thought I'd killed myself.

I got another question about sub ohm coils, probably involving advanced mathematics but I'll start a new thread for that. Thanks again chaps.

Back
Top Bottom