What's new

Aspire Pockex/ Pockex box users…

NewbieGad

Hello all,

I did post a new thread a few weeks ago when I first signed up-to the website, but I thought I’d give an update and if any fellow Pockex/ Pockex box users could give me an insight to what juices they are using in their devices.

Initially when I first bought the Pockex had trouble getting on with it at all in terms of flavour, and alot of other things, but I’ve come to my conclusion that it wasn’t the device and quite simply the juices I was using because I bought myself a Zelos nano and although the draw system is more MTL in the Zelos the flavours are pretty much the same between devices with the same juice. I’m spending countless amounts of money on juices and I appreciate its trial and error, but I was wondering if any ex Pockex users or current Pockex users could recommend a few? I do prefer fruit based flavours and I’ve tried a lot of the Elfliq Nic salts, but in all honesty I really dislike most of them. Currently using the 0.6 coil.

Another thing that is absolutely spinning me out is the broad range of completely different recommendations on the main stream vaping websites. One says don’t use nic salts of any strength in the 0.6 and others say it’s fine? Some say only use high VG in the coil and device and some say don’t, it’s an absolute minefield! I’ve even emailed some of the different websites. I don’t know if it’s because the device is quite versatile in terms of what you can use that the main stream websites are all over the place with what they think you should use in the device. I know the 0.6 coils burns at 18-23 watts and read that Nic salts should not be smoked above 15 watts ideally. I did read that smoking Nic salts in sub ohm coil is dangerous because your consuming more liquid and alot more nicotine because it’s burning hotter and using more liquid per drag so that crossed my mind also.l and wanted some thoughts.

I’m currently smoking 15 a day maybe more on the odd day, so I was thinking 12mg freebase or 10mg Nic salts. One of the guys emailed me back like it was the end of the world using Nic salts in the 0.6 coil. I’m very undecided in most things, but this is spinning me out now and if anyone could advise and suggest anything that would be amazing. I appreciate I did start a thread when I first joined, but it was for slightly different reasons regarding flavour etc and thinking it’s was the device or coils, but this is more of what juices can I use in the Pockex. I have tried the 1.2 Pockex coils which are OK and every main stream site says use them for nicotine juices above 6mg and Nic salts.

Appreciate all feedback, thankyou

I think you’ll be good with 10mg salts or 12mg freebase. It’s sometimes comes down to what suits you, not everyone vapes the same way as in what flavours or strengths, will be good for you and totally different for others. I’m sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer but most times it comes down to trial and error to find what suits you. Best of luck you’ll eventually find something that suits you. Maybe try a different device if you feel you’re struggling with what you’ve got. There’s loads of cheap replaceable coil devices, just something to consider

I think you’ll be good with 10mg salts or 12mg freebase. It’s sometimes comes down to what suits you, not everyone vapes the same way as in what flavours or strengths, will be good for you and totally different for others. I’m sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer but most times it comes down to trial and error to find what suits you. Best of luck you’ll eventually find something that suits you. Maybe try a different device if you feel you’re struggling with what you’ve got. There’s loads of cheap replaceable coil devices, just something to consider
I forgot to mention I’ve got a zelos kit I’ve only tried the .8 coil in it so far using it on the second power level on it and think the flavour is spot on with a 50/50 10mg salt

Hi @Polo65

Do you think Nic salts will be okay in the Pockex 0.6 coils? I don’t know why a lot of the mainstream vape sites keep advising not to use them in the Pockex. Absolutely fine in my Zelos, but I do like the Pockex as well and my heads spinning abit with all the different views on what you can use in it with the Pockex coils

Hi @Polo65

Do you think Nic salts will be okay in the Pockex 0.6 coils? I don’t know why a lot of the mainstream vape sites keep advising not to use them in the Pockex. Absolutely fine in my Zelos, but I do like the Pockex as well and my heads spinning abit with all the different views on what you can use in it with the Pockex coils
If you’re not vaping them at a high wattage they’ll be fine. I use mtl coils in a lot of my boro devices at .6 and use salts or 9-12mg freebase .

If you’re not vaping them at a high wattage they’ll be fine. I use mtl coils in a lot of my boro devices at .6 and use salts or 9-12mg freebase .

I believe the Pockex has a constant wattage of 18-23 with the 0.6 depending on how charged it is. The more it’s charged the closer to 23 watts….getting abit high? The 1.2 Pockex coils vape at 10-12 watts, but don’t find the 1.2 coils as good

I vape .6 anywhere between 14/18 watts on a loose mtl, honestly you’ll be fine, don’t read into what it says on recommended wattage on stock coils as the discrepancy is a lot in some cases. The most important thing is if it suits your style and your not going crazy away beyond what they can handle and the other way around if using a lower wattage than recommended as long as it’s not flooding. Find your sweet spot and enjoy

It's really difficult to get objective advice when you start out because (1) everyone's tastes are different and (2) your vaping journey is a journey, and what you get used to might not be something you're impressed with to start.

Having said all that, I'd advise getting a well-respected stock tank like the Fireluke2 which a lot of people on here use. And yeah, 12mg might be a good place to start.

In your other thread, you mention that you’ve used 20mg salts with the 0.6 ohm Pockex coil. Did that amount of nicotine make you feel sick, light-headed, or anything like that? People’s tolerance to nic varies vastly, which is why there’s always cautious advice around using high strength nic at high watts. 18-23 watts isn’t especially high though - the Pockex is in a bit of a grey area, for some people 20mg will be too much, others it will be perfect. You need to experiment to find what works for you.

Pockex 0.6 ohm - freebase or salt nic, 20mg or less. Coils work with 70VG liquid, but last longer with 50/50.

As you can't adjust the wattage on the Pockex I assume the device is doing it automatically for the 0.6 and 1.2 coils though I've no idea if it is. While a wattage range is widely quoted for the 0.6 I don't recall seeing one for the 1.2 and there is no wattage range on the packet or the coil. I would think either will handle 70/30 or 50/50 and 12mg freebase or 10mg nic salts so it is down to personal preference. Can't help with fruit flavours as they're not my thing.

My other half uses one when she's out and about as she likes it, personally I'd take Nautilus bvc coils over the X all day long.

Back
Top Bottom