What's new

Sub-Ohm Tanks - Constant juice 'spitting'

Hi @Azothy and welcome to the Planet. If it’s not your juice it has to be the coils. They are some amount of shit coils out there.

I had the Freemax M Pro 2 but had that problem with the stock coils that came with it, spit back and mouth full of juice. But I was waiting on an RBA to come. Once I got the RBA it was fine.

If I was you mate I would get some RBAs and fit your own coils then you know what you are up against. And if you flush RTAs is the dogs

The only thing I can add that others haven't mentioned is there is no way I would fill any DL tank with 50/50 juice as it is way too thin and wicks too efficiently - it would be similar to overdripping an RDA until the coils are physically sitting in juice. Personally I wouldn't vape anything thinner than 70/30 in a DL tank - MTL yes - DL absolutely NO, if you have been buying 50/50 shortfills you can guarantee that is part of the reason, you can get away with vaping any mix in an RDA but you are pushing your luck with stock coils

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you like an unrestricted airflow and habitually take hard pulls. As every time you pull air through the tank it also draws more liquid into the cotton, if you are also vaping at the lower end of the recommended power levels to get decent coil life this combination can be a recipe for oversaturation (with 50/50 you can absolutely guarantee it) - if this is the case try reducing the airflow, raising the wattage and taking steady moderate hits rather than huge cloud comp style hits.

I cant really tell you what you are doing wrong, and you seem to know everything to check, and if its happening all the same on all those particular tanks than something must be wrong cuz those are typically considered some of the best tanks and coils

do you pressurize your house like an airplane or shop at the factory seconds store?

Sorry for the joke, is it possible u are burning the coils somehow when you are first hitting them? This can cause juice to seep thru a coil.

Obviously there is something that u r misunderstanding or thinking you are doing right and we just have to nail it down.

I think crispy might be on to something as well, just slow it down a bit maybe possibly?

Sorry for the double post but i wanted to add to aforementioned post br crispycritters.

Especially if u already have the intake closed, open that thing all the way up, let in the air that those big coils want, let it flow over the mesh and keep it even temp so it doesnt burn the cotton and give it tons of air to carry the vapor out.

Not saying either is wrong or right, welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Yeah.. my current juice is 100% VG and still splatters/mouth full of juice. Definitely not too thin of juice.

Coil is not burnt. Just changed coils, can shine a light down there... cotton is still bright white.

Air intake full open - Air restricted - same thing.
Even if I take tiny pulls with restricted airflow getting the same thing

I think ReggieC may be on to something. It may just be crap ass coils. (Even though these damn coils are expensive AF)

Yeah.. my current juice is 100% VG and still splatters/mouth full of juice. Definitely not too thin of juice.

Coil is not burnt. Just changed coils, can shine a light down there... cotton is still bright white.

Air intake full open - Air restricted - same thing.
Even if I take tiny pulls with restricted airflow getting the same thing

I think ReggieC may be on to something. It may just be crap ass coils. (Even though these damn coils are expensive AF)
Just curious but do you get any leaking from the bottom airflow at all?

Actually, yes I do. It's not a lot, but it seems to be leaking slightly. After a night of sitting I'll sometimes find a little bit of juice leaking out from the bottom

Not sure how though, I've disassembled it / cleaned it and changed all the O-rings

Actually, yes I do. It's not a lot, but it seems to be leaking slightly. After a night of sitting I'll sometimes find a little bit of juice leaking out from the bottom

Not sure how though, I've disassembled it / cleaned it and changed all the O-rings
Another question, have u really taken a look at where the orings for the coils are. Is there possibly one stuck in there. It couldnt possibly happen the same an all 3, maybe we are looking at 3 seperate issues all causing a similar result.

And freemax coils are not crap coils (unless something has changed), whoever said that shouldnt be saying anything, neither are the uwell valaryians)
I was talking to @OzoreXS when he got his. Maybe he experienced the same thing on that one, if he did he wouldnt have asked for my help figuring it out, he knows more

(It still sounds like a vacuum pressure issue or a burnt cotton issue to me)

Edit-just for the time being till u figure it out, before u take a hit, press the fire button, blow in to purge any loose juice (i do a quick strong puff, sometimes a less strong longer puff works too) a little juice will spit out most likely, but it will probably get u a hit without liquid in your mouth

Last edited:
One of the things i learned anecdotally, since i just starting using full vg my self, is that just because the juice is thicker, doesnt meean it wont cause more suction pulling it through the cotton as the heat quickly thins it out.

I also learned that the vaporization point of vg is like 100 or 2 degrees higher than when mixed with pg.

I found these searching on the interweb, so if anyone one the forum here whose knowledge i trust immensely more, knows those are incorrect, please let me know

Another question, have u really taken a look at where the orings for the coils are. Is there possibly one stuck in there. It couldnt possibly happen the same an all 3, maybe we are looking at 3 seperate issues all causing a similar result.

And freemax coils are not crap coils (unless something has changed), whoever said that shouldnt be saying anything, neither are the uwell valaryians)
I was talking to @OzoreXS when he got his. Maybe he experienced the same thing on that one, if he did he wouldnt have asked for my help figuring it out, he knows more

(It still sounds like a vacuum pressure issue or a burnt cotton issue to me)

Edit-just for the time being till u figure it out, before u take a hit, press the fire button, blow in to purge any loose juice (i do a quick strong puff, sometimes a less strong longer puff works too) a little juice will spit out most likely, but it will probably get u a hit without liquid in your mouth

Well, to be fair, he didn't say these particular coils were crap. Just that "There are some amount of shit coils out there".
But yeah these coils are like $5 EACH so I hope they aren't crap.

When I blow hard into the chimney to purge any juice... I do get some juice weeping out of the airholes at the bottom. But even after that, I'm still getting juice in the mouth even with a tiny puff.
So I guess its pretty clear there's a leak SOMEWHERE..

There isn't any extra o-ring stuck where the coil is... but I guess tomorrow I will try disassembling it again and double checking all the seals

Back
Top Bottom