What's new

Sub-Ohm Tanks - Constant juice 'spitting'

Well, to be fair, he didn't say these particular coils were crap. Just that "There are some amount of shit coils out there".
But yeah these coils are like $5 EACH so I hope they aren't crap.

When I blow hard into the chimney to purge any juice... I do get some juice weeping out of the airholes at the bottom. But even after that, I'm still getting juice in the mouth even with a tiny puff.
So I guess its pretty clear there's a leak SOMEWHERE..

There isn't any extra o-ring stuck where the coil is... but I guess tomorrow I will try disassembling it again and double checking all the seals
Before you do that I would try to find an exploded view of your tank online and check to see if you have all of the O rings in the correct places just in case you have one missing from somewhere, it really does sound like a seal or pressure issue within the tank.
I wish you all the best mate and hope you get to the bottom of this.

Well just to update this, I went through, disassembled and cleaned everything. Replaced ALL the seals and o-rings.
No longer getting any leaks.

But still getting tons of juice spitback.. no matter what wattage I run the coils at.

I'm pretty much over it at this point.. this is the 4th tank I've tried and they all spit tons of juice. Probably gonna go back to RDAs at this point

Well just to update this, I went through, disassembled and cleaned everything. Replaced ALL the seals and o-rings.
No longer getting any leaks.

But still getting tons of juice spitback.. no matter what wattage I run the coils at.

I'm pretty much over it at this point.. this is the 4th tank I've tried and they all spit tons of juice. Probably gonna go back to RDAs at this point

damn! I had such high hope you would’ve found a solution because I have this same problem! It’s mesh coils that give me the issue with constant spit back. Both the TFV9 Smok coils and the Vaporesso GT Meshed coils have been spitting back every single hit no matter the wattage or airflow etc. I did find the Smok V8 Baby T8 coil solved the issue but the flavor level is nothing near the Mesh coils. But then again, that might be because I’m getting droplets of liquid in my mouth/on my lips every hit lmao

Just realised this is an old thread but I'll leave my post for the person who posted on it.

It just sounds to me like you have the watts much too high.

If you think about it logically the spitting is caused by steam bubbles that form as the juice reaches its boiling point and the bubbles burst as you're vaping and shows that the coil is functioning well. I'm not familiar with those particular coils so I don't know how much surface area of the metal coil there actually is but the larger the surface area the more bubbles and spitback you are likely to get. The increased amount of vapour will carry more juice with it so you'll taste loads of flavour but get raw juice in your mouth and on your lips. If you are getting too much you probably have the watts set much too high which will also burn out and shorten the life of your coils.

I would say you need to turn the watts right the way down well below what you think you need and then come back up slowly until you find your sweet spot that gives you a nice vape without heating the coil more than it needs.

Back
Top Bottom