What's new

Sub-Ohm Tanks - Constant juice 'spitting'

Azothy

Hi all, hoping someone can help with my issue.

I'm a longtime vaper, but previously I was using RDAs and building my own coils / wicks. I got tired of constant rebuilding and constant dripping and burnt cotton, so I decided to give sub-ohm tanks a try since it seems they've come a long way in the past few years.

But my problem is ALL the tanks I've tried, spit juice like crazy. Like badly.
One pull and I have a film of juice in my mouth. I can put a paper towel over the mouthpiece and draw through that and in one pull the thing is wet in juice. The type of coil or wattage, doesn't seem to have much of any effect.

I've tried the following tanks:
- HorizenTech Falcon King
- FreeMax M Pro
- GeekVape Zeus 2.0
- Uwell Valyrian 2 Pro (current)
Mod is a Geek Vape Aegis

ALL of them seem to have the same problem - So I MUST be doing something wrong... right?

With the current Valyrian 2 I've tried the single coils (0.32) and dual mesh coils (0.14)

I am filling the tank, letting it sit for about ~10 mins before vaping.
I start at about 40w and slowly raise it up to about 80w - 90w ( recommended wattage for those ) but it does not seem to matter what wattage.. I am still ending up with a mouth full of juice. I even tried a bit over the recommended going up to 100-110w or so and that doesn't seem to help much.

It is driving me CRAZY! I am tired of drinking juice.
Multiple different tanks and the same exact same problem with each one.

I really want to like sub-ohm tanks but if this keeps up I'm gonna have to go back to RDAs and building my own coils. I NEVER had such problems with those.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello @Azothy and welcome to POTV. My first question when I read your post is what type of juice are you using? What VG/PG ratio is it? It sounds like your tanks are flooding and that could be because you are using juice that is too thin for sub ohm (i.e. 50/50).

I've never experienced that with sub ohm tanks, and I have used a few different ones over the years, but I make my own juice at a ratio of 80/20 VG/PG.

Sorry didn't mention that. But the juice doesn't seem to matter much either!
When I buy juice it's usually 50/50 I think, or 70/30 VG/PG
But I also make my own juice... that is 100% VG and that has the same issue

unpopular opinion, i quite like it when I get some juice spit out into my gob

I use lots of different sub ohm tanks, some of those you mentioned and not had any problems with juice in my mouth. I mostly mix my own at 50/50 and again never had this problem.
With all my tanks I start off well under the recommended wattage for whatever coil I'm using as I prefer a long slow draw. I wonder if your wattage is too high and the juice is just spitting in ur mouth.
With any tank, always start off with low wattage and slowly increase till you reach your ideal setting for the particular coil your using.
Most of the time my sweet spot in terms of wattage is always under that recommended for the coil.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you over-saturating your coils maybe? I don't use stock coils but my gf does and you just need to pop a few drops in the side holes and a few in the top then rebuild, fill and sit for 10 or so minutes. No need to drench the thing.

Hi @Azothy and welcome to the planet.

best to start around the 25w mark and turn up a few watts at a time. 40watts is quite high for a first time heat hit.
something not been talked about for a long time could be the simple issue.
what sort of bottles are you using to fill your tanks. does it have a thin needle point or is it thicker and will not fit in the refil hole. this was brought up many years ago and it turned out to be the larger nozzle dripping some juice into the tank but also into the chimney so will flood the chamber and coil.

ive got multiple of the first 3 tanks you mentioned and have never had this happen when used on a daily basis. my average is 50w but can go upto 60w no matter if its a 80w max coil or 150w. i still get decent cloud and flavour.
if a tank is left for weeks with juice in it this could also cause the same effect and then yes i do get gurgling. all i do is take the coil out and wrap it in tissue to drain up the excess, put it back and all good again.

Daft question (but plenty of people do daft things, including me) - are you filling the tanks correctly? You’re not just tipping juice through the drip tip like you might with an RDA are you? Apologies if that’s a super daft question, I don’t own any of the tanks you’ve mentioned :8:

Thanks for the replies:

1. 50/50 VG/PG - 70/30 - Even 100% VG juice (SUPER THICK) - same thing - juice in mouth

2. No I am not flooding the chimney. This particular tank (Valyrian 2) has separate holes for filling and for the chimney. It would be pretty hard to mess that up.
Although I have tried dabbing some cotton down there to soak up any juice that may have gotten into the chimney, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm fairly sure the juice is spitting up straight from the coils.

3. I've been through like 7 sets of coils on this current tank. Changed all the O-rings.

4. I am sure I am filling the tanks properly. The juice nozzles all fit in the fill hole fine - again not getting any down in the chimney

5. Tried 30-45w as well, still sucking up juice.

Definitely not letting it sit for weeks at a time. I refill my tank probably 2-3 times a day.

I'm getting great vapor... but also getting a nice film of juice in my mouth or splatters on my tongue/throat no matter what I try.
Low wattage, high wattage... doesn't seem to matter.

I got these tanks because people recommended them as tanks that DONT spit but each one is basically the same for me.

I think I'm just cursed guys, LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom