What's new

Sunken 510 pin on Zero clone.

Crewella

Olympian
Sigh ..... my elation was short-lived. My lovely new gold Zero clone arrived from Fasttech. I stuck a battery in it, screen came on, stuck a brass atty on it to look pretty and rushed outside to take a pic for the postie thread. Then realised I didn't have a spare battery so put one on to charge and put the Zero on one side for later. Where I could gaze at it. Admiringly.

It was only when I sat down this evening I realised I had a problem - every atty comes up as 'check atomizer', and when I look the 510 pin is sunken at least 1mm if not 2mm below the reach of any atty - and when examined closely I can see the wires and soldering on the side. If I try to adjust it with a screwdriver, it REALLY doesn't want to move and the copper is starting to give way on the slot. :17:

Before doing anything drastic like start to take it apart, I thought I'd check on here to see if anyone had any advice or comments, please?

P1090347.jpg

P1090338.jpg

Ahh, what a let down! I have no advice.. But I hope you get it sorted. Such a lovely, warm gold!

Sigh ..... my elation was short-lived. My lovely new gold Zero clone arrived from Fasttech. I stuck a battery in it, screen came on, stuck a brass atty on it to look pretty and rushed outside to take a pic for the postie thread. Then realised I didn't have a spare battery so put one on to charge and put the Zero on one side for later. Where I could gaze at it. Admiringly.

It was only when I sat down this evening I realised I had a problem - every atty comes up as 'check atomizer', and when I look the 510 pin is sunken at least 1mm if not 2mm below the reach of any atty - and when examined closely I can see the wires and soldering on the side. If I try to adjust it with a screwdriver, it REALLY doesn't want to move and the copper is starting to give way on the slot. :17:

Before doing anything drastic like start to take it apart, I thought I'd check on here to see if anyone had any advice or comments, please?

P1090347.jpg

P1090338.jpg
You do know it's a left hand thread on the Zero 510 ? so you turn it clockwise to raise it !!!

@Crewella contact fasttech show them the pics say it arrived like it they may ask you to send it back, for which they will pay and send you another or hopefully come to some agreement with you. sadly this means a bit of a wait. If you have another zero you could order a gold sleeve from 3fvape. Hope this is helpful and sorry to hear this happened to you

You're going to have to get in underneath it ma'am ☹️

Edit: Or do what @HAZZA1962 said [emoji16]
(Where've you been?)

P1090347.jpg

P1090338.jpg
A strip out I suspect. Only other option is top pop a little superglue on the end of a screwdriver. Let it set up and pull the pin back up to the threads.
Nightmare. It looked so good.

@HAZZA1962 no, I didn't know that! Thank God for you apes, that's a big help. And why I came straight here and asked before doing anything else! Thank you! :D

Not out of the woods yet, though. If I screw the pin high enough to reach the atty it's wobbly, and I just tried to vape it and the hit was eeeeeeevil so something's not working right.

@crustyfolker they're now out of stock of these, so I'm hoping to God I can get it fixed! Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom